Player Discussion Barclay Goodrow

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
2017-2018 NYR 59GP 25G 6A 31P
2017-2018 NJD 21GP 2G 3A 5P

Honestly says a lot about the kind of offense AV was running by the end.
Meh, with the Rangers he had a 17 game stretch of 2 goals and 1 assist and a 22 game stretch of 1 goal and 3 assists. He was basically long stretches of hot and cold in those years and his stint with the Devils is a continuation of that.

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Michael Grabner GPG with the Rangers - .38
Michael Grabner GPG everywhere else - .24

His goalscoring here was basically a fluke perpetuated by AV's fly-the-zone offense.
So AV was coaching Islanders in 09/10 when he scored 34 goals? His stats took a nose dive when Capuano took over. If Hagelin is same player how come he never produced 20 goals under AV? Hags scored a lot of empty net goals as well. It’s almost like Grabner was a better version of him with hands. The most Hags scored in a season was 17.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Really hope Chytil is back soon, because Goodrow has been pretty awful offensively for us lately. Putting him on the kids line is not going to beneficial for them.

Goodrow in his last 22 games has only 2 goals and 2 assists for 4 points.

He would be perfect on the 4th line come playoffs.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Really hope Chytil is back soon, because Goodrow has been pretty awful offensively for us lately. Putting him on the kids line is not going to beneficial for them.

Goodrow in his last 22 games has only 2 goals and 2 assists for 4 points.

He would be perfect on the 4th line come playoffs.
Didn't even realize he was that unproductive. Not surprising, he is what he is, a 4th line defensive forward.

maddskkilz

Jan 27, 2016
If we get by Pittsburgh I think there’s a hope we can get Goodrow back which should help. Haven’t heard much about Motte but hoping another couple weeks to recover could have him back sometime in the middle of the second round. Blais is out for the year unless we are down like 6 forwards in game 7 of the SC finals

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He blocked a shot up high early in the first period of game one. My guess is he may have fractured a rib. He played through it probably not realizing how bad it was.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Had to be from the blocked shot on the side of his foot/ankle. Took a bomb in a bad spot sliding over.

Likely a broken bone in his ankle or foot. Crazy he played through it but once you take that skate off it blows up.

Week to week tells me he’s out for the rest of this series. Get his ass in a chamber

If they can get through this series though, they could get Motte and Goody back at some point in round two.

Reactions: bhamill

RagFinMet

Jan 5, 2019
This one most likely puts the nail I. The long run coffin. Blais, motte, Goodrow. That’s too much I think.
That wouldn't just be the best 4th line in the nhl
But i dont think too many 3rd lines would be better
Ashame they'll never all play together
I doubt we can afford motte

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
This is part of winning The Cup

It's not just about talent, coaching, systems, physicality, clutch-moments and luck...

It's endurance & depth. Dealing w adversity. The Pens were on their 3rd string goalie in Game 1

It's all part of it, which is why it's so damn hard to win it all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad