bandwagon's mock draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakian#13

Mar 7, 2003
Seattle
Visit site
So at this pace I should pick in like 4 months ........

Is there anyone out there who has the time that want's to start a new draft where we only let people we know are not going to drop out and will make there picks in time join?

I would but I don't have the time to do it .. I know I could check once every 24 hours though and make my picks ....

15 Good GM's
2 teams a peice
somebody please start a decent one of these. :)

(no offence to bandwaggon , to many people are dropping out / taking forever to pick)

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Malakian#13 said:
So at this pace I should pick in like 4 months ........

Is there anyone out there who has the time that want's to start a new draft where we only let people we know are not going to drop out and will make there picks in time join?

I would but I don't have the time to do it .. I know I could check once every 24 hours though and make my picks ....

15 Good GM's
2 teams a peice
somebody please start a decent one of these. :)

(no offence to bandwaggon , to many people are dropping out / taking forever to pick)

I agree. I've checked up on this draft tons of times and it's being going slow has hell for awhile now. There's no way this draft gets done at this pace. The interest in this draft has fallen big time, and I don't see anyway to get it back up and running smoothly like the 1st round.

I say we either shutdown this draft and make a new one with fresh people or make a thread where everyone has to reclaim there team and say there active or can't do it anymore. I would give this thread 3 days for people to respond, PM them about this thread even. Say we need like 5 don't showup or say they don't want to do it anymore, then you can just find new people to take over those teams, the draft isn't that fall ahead.

Puckz

Jun 22, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Think the problem is there are just too many teams and GMs... if you reduce the number of teams to like 12, and the GMs as well obviously, the draft will go quicker... the fewer GMs, the quicker the draft, 30 teams, drafting in a league where everyone *****es that the talent pool is already thin... interest is bound to go down, you reduce the teams like 10, and you are going to find alot of people are still interested, enough to finish a draft...

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Puckz said:
Think the problem is there are just too many teams and GMs... if you reduce the number of teams to like 12, and the GMs as well obviously, the draft will go quicker... the fewer GMs, the quicker the draft, 30 teams, drafting in a league where everyone *****es that the talent pool is already thin... interest is bound to go down, you reduce the teams like 10, and you are going to find alot of people are still interested, enough to finish a draft...
I agree with you, what we should do it's to know who want to continu this draft then do a minidraft with the players already takken by GM that don't do to it anymore.

bandwagon

Jan 18, 2004
[beginrant]

No offense, but I don't think this draft is my #1 priority. I've been quite busy this week with homework and I also attended a hockey tournament, so I was unable to update things.

Take it from me, keeping this thing updated is a lot of work, and unless you've ever run one, you won't fully understand.

I'm not going to apologize for being busy, but I will say this - I want to keep this thing going.

[/endrant]

bandwagon

Jan 18, 2004
Another thing to consider when thinking about starting another draft -

Look at some of the old drafts on this board. More than a few of them haven't worked out too well. It's hard to get a good draft going obviously. I know this draft is a bit slow (especially lately), but we've gotten into the fifth round in a little over two months, a decent pace, IMO. I don't think it's worth ditching a good draft with a good group of GMs just because of a tough spot.

Instead of trashing this, let's try and think of ways to get it going more smoothly. I can think of what I can do for the effort - try and update it more regularily, PM those who tend to take longer to make their picks, etc.

Why ditch two months of work? Let's make this thing work! I am open to suggestions, just as I always have been. I will make my very best effort to make this thing work. Sound good?

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
I ain't abandoning ship. The only thing I didn't understand is why you didn't post the full round. People told me I was on the clock, but I couldn't check to see for myself. Also, if you're going away or attending something, maybe you should tell us, so we know to continue on. Or if you're going to be away for an extended period of time, appoint an interm commisioner to run things.

My only suggestion would to post more rounds in advanced, so people can check a bit more when they have their picks. Sometimes I don't know when my next pick will be, because I can't see the others rounds. This would be quite useful, IMO.

I've done that for someone before, so I know it's not an easy job you do. I appreciate all the work you've put into this draft.

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
My next pick is going to be a big gamble. If the guy is healthy, this will have been the steal of the draft.

With the next selection in Bandwagon's mock draft, the Phoenix Coyotes select C Mario Lemieux

The Magnificent One is the total offensive package of size, reach, imagination, unselfishness and a goal-scorer's touch. Makes every player on the ice aware of his presence. Is an inspirational leader. Nobody in NHL history can match his ability to dominate the game. The big question mark remains with his injury troubles. His age and the wear and tear on his body, make him miss large portions of the season. Dispite of that, Lemieux can win the scoring race playing half as many games as everyone else.

Phoenix Coyotes Lines (subject to change)

:coyotes

Paul Kariya - Mario Lemieux - Rick Nash
XXXX - XXXX - XXXX
XXXX - XXXX - XXXX
XXXX - XXXX - XXXX

Sheldon Souray - XXXX
XXXX - XXXX
XXXX - XXXX

Ed Belfour
XXXX

Phoenix Coyotes Roster

LW Rick Nash - $1,185,000
LW Paul Kariya - $1,200,000
D Sheldon Souray - $1,600,000
G Ed Belfour - $7,000,000
C Mario Lemieux - $5,250,000

Team Salary: $16,135,000

Last edited:

bandwagon

Jan 18, 2004
Captain Canuck 19 said:
I ain't abandoning ship. The only thing I didn't understand is why you didn't post the full round. People told me I was on the clock, but I couldn't check to see for myself. Also, if you're going away or attending something, maybe you should tell us, so we know to continue on. Or if you're going to be away for an extended period of time, appoint an interm commisioner to run things.

Not bad idea, generally I do try to let you guys know when I am gone for a while. But I don't think I have to inform you of every little thing I do either... Glad to hear you aren't abandoning ship...

Captain Canuck 19 said:
My only suggestion would to post more rounds in advanced, so people can check a bit more when they have their picks. Sometimes I don't know when my next pick will be, because I can't see the others rounds. This would be quite useful, IMO.

Another good idea. I actually keep track of the draft on an Excel spreadsheet, so I know when all the picks are. I'll try and get other rounds posted sometime today.

Captain Canuck 19 said:
I've done that for someone before, so I know it's not an easy job you do. I appreciate all the work you've put into this draft.

Thanks, glad to know someone understands.

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
:panthers

The Florida Panthers Select Alex Kovalev

Fowards
Marian Gaborik---Pavol Demitra---Alex Kovalev
Defenses
Andrei Markov---*****
Goalies
David Aebischer

Money Left : $32 025 000
=========================================================
:edmonton

The Edmonton Oilers Select Eric Daze

Fowards
Eric Daze---Jeremy Roenick---Milan Hejduk
Defenses
Brad Stuart---*****
Goalies
Nikolai Khabibulin

Money Left : $30 915 421

bandwagon

Jan 18, 2004
Where is RangerFan13 anyways? He hasn't made his last two picks. Maybe he wants to bail or something. Anyone know where he is?

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
bandwagon said:
Where is RangerFan13 anyways? He hasn't made his last two picks. Maybe he wants to bail or something. Anyone know where he is?

I haven't seen him in a while. He's usually good at making his picks on time, so it's probably just a computer/internet problem or something like that.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
PensFan95 said:
Jozeph_Balej is on the clock

133) Minnesota Wild - Jozeph_Balej SIMON GAGNE

nhl_wild_vertlogo_70408.gif

Minnesota Wild

Patrik Elias - Saku Koivu - Trent Hunter
xxx - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx