Trade: [BAL/MIL] Corbin Burnes for Joey Ortiz, DL Hall, 2024 comp A pick

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Baltimore saw the Jays had added Kiner-Falefal, and knew they had to do something to counter it

Last edited:
Reactions: Chimaera

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Brewers had to make room for Rhys Hoskins’ contract

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I don't see a fleecing like the kids on X and Reddit apparently see, it's a good return for one year of Burnes who likely sprints to Free Agency.

If the Orioles have continue to build on last year's reg season success maybe he could re-sign and take a little less to be a part of it going forward

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
absolute steal for the O's if burnes stays. still not too much to give up even if he turns out to be a rental

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

i don't understand what Sherman is basing this on. his only career start was his first Major League game, he's been a one inning reliever exclusively since.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
DL Hall is filthy
He is. When he’s right. Or healthy. Or throwing strikes. None of which have been consistent. I think Milwaukee can figure him out, but he’s raw.

Ortiz is quality as well but blocked.

Either way, it’s a rental, but get the qualifying pick return if he walks, and not to give up any of their top 5 or so prospects is a good gamble for the Os. Likely the best player they could avoid giving up one of their top prospects for.

Reactions: Random schmoe

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
O's got Burnes? Wow....I'm sure these are nice prospects, but what is the Brew doing after winning the division?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad