Baking Bauer Vapor Skates at Home

kjvelo

Mar 30, 2020
Hey everyone, I’ve got a new pair of Bauer Vapor x2.6 skates that I want to bake and form to my feet before using.

I can’t get it done at a shop because of COVID lockdowns where I live. I’m thinking of doing it at home - I’ve found lots of videos online about the temperature and duration to use for a regular oven, but they’re not for Bauer Vapors in particular (most suggest between 175F - 210F for between 4-8 mins). Just wondering if anyone knows of the right temp and duration for this set of skates. Thanks!

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Hey everyone, I’ve got a new pair of Bauer Vapor x2.6 skates that I want to bake and form to my feet before using.

I can’t get it done at a shop because of COVID lockdowns where I live. I’m thinking of doing it at home - I’ve found lots of videos online about the temperature and duration to use for a regular oven, but they’re not for Bauer Vapors in particular (most suggest between 175F - 210F for between 4-8 mins). Just wondering if anyone knows of the right temp and duration for this set of skates. Thanks!

Disclaimer, I found this on Reddit after Googling it. I don't know how accurate and/or up to date it is but I did find this.

Basically they say to only bake them in their own unit. If you wanna do it in a home oven, you're gonna have to follow a general guideline. If you're not comfortable doing it, not sure I'd recommend it

Attachments

• Skate Heating Instructions.pdf
    89.9 KB · Views: 5

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink

bauer should have instructions in the manual of how to do it and exactly what temperature. my x700's i got a year ago had a manual in it giving me the temperature and time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad