Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '19-20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Lotta tweeners in the A.

Really feel for guys like Gambo who are too good for the A but just not good enough for the bigs.

Guys there is no hidden Pasternak here. If we're lucky, players like Gambardella and Marody are 4th line players.

If Benson is a giant maybe with his skill level and his skating, these guys are not close.

Currie too. Extremely good AHL player. Maybe 4th line NHL player if injuries serve him well.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Currie is 2nd in the league in shots and tied for 8th in goals right now.

It would have been nice to give him a chance while Kassian is out. They're pretty set at RW with all the regulars in.

Reactions: McWeber

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Currie is 2nd in the league in shots and tied for 8th in goals right now.

It would have been nice to give him a chance while Kassian is out. They're pretty set at RW with all the regulars in.
Not denying Currie has had a continued level of success at the A.

So did Alexandre Giroux.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Gotta feel bad for the condors right now. We’ve basically gutted them of all their top players from every position available. Following them on Twitter is a little depressing at this point.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Mandog is so much better without Persson. That guy probably checked out weeks ago.

Condors still aren't a good team and might be worst in the Pacific by season's end.

Samorukov however teases me with his skill.
It blew my mind that people were writing him into next year's NHL roster in place of Adam Larsson. Joel Persson plays like a skilled beer league hockey player.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I didn't realize how awful the team has been this year.
Defense has been bad, forwards have been meh and goaltending has been abysmal.

Was coach a flash in the pan or is the lack of Jones and Bear that detrimental

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions

Jones, Bear, Yamamoto, Benson for stretches, Russell, Lagesson, Stanton, Callahan, Gust and Polei are all gone. The team from last year has been absolutely pillaged due to the injuries in Edmonton along with letting a couple of them walk in the summer. Marody has also taken a big step back, I think in large part due to the injury he sustained in playoffs last year. There’s still been a lot of good development from some key prospects but it’s nowhere near enough to offset what they lost.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

We have developmental coaches. This team has promoted three key members this season. I'm not sure any team has the depth to effectively overcome that. Combine that with Marody's regression and Starrett's injuries.

Hopefully Samorukov and Bouchard take a step next year and they should be better. I'm not convinced Bouchard makes the big club out of camp next season.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
8223CF98-8CBF-49B8-B1E7-981735518BE4.jpeg

Star Wars night Saturday in Bakersfield.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Dor those that are in Bakersfield and watching the games, do we know why Starrett is not getting any games? I k ie he was injured for a long while but us he still not better or what is going in? The playoffs are no longer possible and he us an UFA. Are they not going to sign him so they aren't playing him? Seems a bit early to give up on him after an all world season last year.

Last edited:

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
this is conjecture. what you feel has nothing to do with how benson (or any other player) is playing.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
2 goals for Currie as well. Meanwhile Benson has been VERY quiet since his return. I have a feeling that the demotion crushed him a bit.
Benson is better than at least half our wingers so I could get it. Getting demoted while Khaira and Chiasson get regular minutes must be demoralizing.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Benson doesn't penalty kill at all. But you're a genius so I'm obviously wrong
Bit harsh there?

But yeah, I think Benson 5v5 is fine, but Khaira is there for PK and Chiasson is RW.

For a guy like Benson, Bakersfield isn't making the playoffs and he's not playing in the bigs so I can see him letting up for sure.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Hence why I said I had a feeling and not "Benson's demotion crushed him". 3gp. 0-0-0 -1 4 sog. since his return, guy is killing it and really applying what he learned at the NHL level, better?
Yamamoto played like shit after being sent back to the WHL a couple years ago.

Seems to be working fine for him

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yamamoto played like shit after being sent back to the WHL a couple years ago.

Seems to be working fine for him

This is true, I'm not saying that it has anything to do with his NHL prospects, these guys are human after all and he has a right to be disappointed after being sent down. As long as he learned from the experience and works hard in the offseason he should be good to go next season.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
This is true, I'm not saying that it has anything to do with his NHL prospects, these guys are human after all and he has a right to be disappointed after being sent down. As long as he learned from the experience and works hard in the offseason he should be good to go next season.
I also feel like Benson is the type of player that is more of a complimentary player than the focal piece of a line.

He doesnt have anyone to play with in Bakersfield for forwards that thinks the game at the level he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad