Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '18-19 Season II "Oh Yes They Call Him the Streak"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yup. I think so too. He's mobile, big, can move the puck, and knows what to do in the O-zone. He's what the big club lacks. Bear and Jones need to simmer a bit. Jones doesn't have the offensive acumen/skill to put up points... he's Nurse-lite but could be so much more.

Jones has plenty of offensive acumen. It's actually his defense that can use some work, he tries to do too much with the puck in the D zone at times leading to turnovers. If he cleans that up, he'll be a top 4 NHL Dman within 2 years IMO.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
God, what a pass by Benson on this play. Thank god Marody was there to carry him though.

That wasn't Benson unless you are talking about the touch pass. Currie made the spin pass.

Bear played just okay (nice goal though). He was physically mauled in his own zone for a shift or two. NHL power forwards could feast on him. He needs to be stronger on his skates or faster before I'd be comfortable playing him full-time in the NHL.

Reactions: Senor Catface

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Jones has plenty of offensive acumen. It's actually his defense that can use some work, he tries to do too much with the puck in the D zone at times leading to turnovers. If he cleans that up, he'll be a top 4 NHL Dman within 2 years IMO.

He roves around in the O-zone and does make nice outlet passes but not convinced he makes the right play. He should be killing the AHL offensively but he's not and it's not bad puck luck either.
I loved him in camp a few years ago but was hoping for a big jump in points/offense.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
That wasn't Benson unless you are talking about the touch pass. Currie made the spin pass.

Bear played just okay (nice goal though). He was physically mauled in his own zone for a shift or two. NHL power forwards could feast on him. He needs to be stronger on his skates or faster before I'd be comfortable playing him full-time in the NHL.

Haha, yeah I was just trying to shoehorn in that Benson joke.

Reactions: voxel

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
He roves around in the O-zone and does make nice outlet passes but not convinced he makes the right play. He should be killing the AHL offensively but he's not and it's not bad puck luck either.
I loved him in camp a few years ago but was hoping for a big jump in points/offense.

He went from 2 goals and 17 points in 58 games last season to 6 goals and 29 points in 50 games this season. That's a significant spike in production and he looks the part of a much more confident offensive player this season. It's night and day really

I don't know if he'll be more than a 30-35 point player at the NHL level but he definitely has offensive skill.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
It's insane to think that these two teams played a 4OT game and a 7-6 game in the span of less than a week.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Wow! Go crazy Condorstown! What a game!

Again, the Malone/Russell/Gambo line put the team on their backs tonight. Absolute hard carry, they would not be denied. But it was awesome that Benson and Currie got going as well.

This game was SO much more loose, lots more time and space for both teams. I expect next game will be more like the first two.

Reactions: Senor Catface

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta

Well on one hand seems like KG is sticking around for sure, on the other MacT is still around (which I honestly don't mind, my issue is with Howson, Green, Sutter and other pro scouts)

Reactions: bucks_oil

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010

Well on one hand seems like KG is sticking around for sure, on the other MacT is still around (which I honestly don't mind, my issue is with Howson, Green, Sutter and other pro scouts)

I assume he is still in the evaluation stage he hadn't even talked to Keith Gretzky yet a couple of days ago, given the strong recommendation Nicholson gave Keith I'm going to assume Holland will offer him a job to stay on, but if the position offered isn't prestigious enough I could see Keith just decide to leave. I won't read anything into MacT being there other than it gives Holland an opportunity to evaluate him at the same time as our prospects.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I assume he is still in the evaluation stage he hadn't even talked to Keith Gretzky yet a couple of days ago, given the strong recommendation Nicholson gave Keith I'm going to assume Holland will offer him a job to stay on, but if the position offered isn't prestigious enough I could see Keith just decide to leave. I won't read anything into MacT being there other than it gives Holland an opportunity to evaluate him at the same time as our prospects.
MacT is there cause he knows Bakersfield.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The good thing is Holland will see 3 games in 4 days in a pressure treated environment and be able to get a solid read on our prospect pool in Bakersfield.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Wow! Go crazy Condorstown! What a game!

Again, the Malone/Russell/Gambo line put the team on their backs tonight. Absolute hard carry, they would not be denied. But it was awesome that Benson and Currie got going as well.

This game was SO much more loose, lots more time and space for both teams. I expect next game will be more like the first two.

Looking forward to when Marody comes back so that we'll have 3 good lines. I thought his status was day-to-day as early as game 1 of this series. I hope he's back soon.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Looking forward to when Marody comes back so that we'll have 3 good lines. I thought his status was day-to-day as early as game 1 of this series. I hope he's back soon.

That was a cheap shot by Kesey. Hope he gets his next year.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Move over Klefbom, we got a new sexy Swedish defenseman coming to town. Billy Laggs looks like the real deal.

Reactions: MikeFLB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad