Bad defensive play

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
Hi all. Not sure if this is the right forum, but I am trying to track down a play by a Ducks player during the regular season that just passed, where one of the Ducks forwards basically let an opposing player walk by them to score a goal, IIRC it was in OT.

The Ducks forward steps up in the slot and the other player makes a deke, walks around the Ducks player, and scores to win the game...does anyone remember this play?

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009

Yah, I remember that as well SMH...

The play I'm thinking of was where the ducks forward was in the slot skating out against the opposing player skating straight towards the goalie, the other player dekes, and the ducks player flails half-heartedly at the player, who comes in and scores.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
It wasn't Getzlaf against Toews was it? Getzlaf is great 5 on 5 but he's one of the worst 3 on 3 guys I've ever seen.

edit:

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
It wasn't Getzlaf against Toews was it? Getzlaf is great 5 on 5 but he's one of the worst 3 on 3 guys I've ever seen.

edit:

It was a different forward, maybe Rickell, Garbutt or Cogliano...my mind is going so cannot recall but it was just a textbook example of ovie zero effort defense. I recall the ducks announcers saying "yeah, well, he's a forward not a defensemen, but still that was kind of weak" or something to that effect.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
Why did I have to watch that video.

When NHL players do something like that, all of the stupid mistakes as a d-man I've made in my beer league don't seem so bad. I've done as bad if not worse... :shakehead

But I can laugh about it after the game if we won. Usually.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I remember a game where Scott Niedermayer, one of the best skaters in the history of the sport, was transitioning from forwards to backwards when someone passed him the puck. He stepped on the puck. He ate ****, and an opposing player got to the puck and scored.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I remember a half-assed defensive play by Rakell this past playoffs. He kinda "got caught" and didn't/couldn't slow the forward down enough to cover him.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Davidson's reaction was pretty bad too. Not as bad as Draisaitl, but he also isn't a rookie forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad