Babs and Babs not ...... Leaf coaches ?

IamruKusleaf

Mar 3, 2018
Maple Leaf Gardens
Babs and Babs not ... Leafs coaches ?
Also rank some of the best all time Leaf coaches and the worst Leaf coaches ?

Firstly
I like Mike !!

Butttttt ....

Mike Babcoach certainly has his backers and naysayers for sure !

Is he as good as the some experts say he is ?
As some fans say he is ?

Only 1 Stanley Cup ..... !
Couldn’t any coach win gold medals with the best collective group of players Canada has produced ?

Coach Q has 3

Hell Laviolette leads different teams to the finals seemingly everywhere he goes .....

Is Maurice a better coach this year or has he been afforded a great young team like Babs has hmmmm?

Scotty Bowman is the greatest , isn’t he ?

Imlach had so much success with our leafs ....

My point is , there are good arguments for both sides , but really think about his overall success at the NHL Level .
1 cup !

Also lots of disappointments in the playoffs with Detroit , did they leave a lot of cups on the table ???

I’m still a bit miffed at him not trying to give JVR his second Hatty 2 goals up !!

Hmmmm

Just some thoughts ?
I’m beginning to wonder .....

Sorry
ruKus calls it like I sees it!!
GOooo F€£¥in LEAFS GOoooo!!

IamruKusleaf

Mar 3, 2018
Maple Leaf Gardens
Sometimes stubbornness goes hand in hand with ego and pride and can manifest into negative decision making in all forms and aspects of life when allowed to and not kept in check by a partner , a boss , a co worker , GM and other symbiotic relationships .
For instance ,
The following players where all ear stamped and recommended and pushed onto the team by Babcock , having said that , leafs signed him to a 8 year money loaded contact , having said that , he was hired by the president and not the GM who was hired afterwards .
All gud signings and all gud pros and successful on their own right .
Hyman
Marleau
Brown
Pleks
Hainsey
Polak
Now just think about all these players
All gud pros and gud people and gud players
But
All players that are polarizing players with the media and fans alike , why , because of there contributions ? No , because of there ice time and importance .
There is a correlation between this hypothesis.
If the GM was hired first , he would have hired his own coach and staff which then he would make all player roster decisions on his own with little input of the coach .
Not in this case , all great individual hires but all superstars in there previous organizations and walks of life .
There’s little check offs if any for all of them in there positions .
We may think that there is , other than in the surface debate , but not deeper than that .
So when Shanahan was hired , he was given the keys to the world that is TML which is awesome , but no check off from a private owner !
So when Babcock was hired by Shanahan , which is awesome as well , he was given carte Blanche in all that is players , with no pushback from Shanny , obviously or Babs wouldn’t sign on .
So when Lou was hired , he was given more of a overseer and tutor to Shanny and the organization , ahhh but wait , no power over Babs , and there lies some of the problems with the decision making as Babs calls the shots , again cool but when you are stubborn and egotistical and proud and have 70 + million in your bank account like no other coach anywhere and don’t have filters , these head scratching decisions and player / roster and playing time alottments could fail .
Most of the time it’s the coach playing the players that the GM acquires , no matter what so he doesn’t make his boss look bad ie TM in Edmonton with Lucic and a history full of these arrangements .
But in Toronto it’s the opposite and therefore there are holes in the Babcock coach brain armour , and your will almost never see a change unless of injury , other than that he will die on the hill he created like DR. Frankencock .

Sorry
ruKus calls it like I sees it!
Gooo F€£¥in LEAFS GOoooo!

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Best Leaf coach ever is the one with the most cups. The worst is too numerous to count.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
As yes another bash Babcock thread. Just what we need. Not like every thread turns into a bash Babcock thread.

IamruKusleaf

Mar 3, 2018
Maple Leaf Gardens
I liked the coaches that made me laugh even when we sucked, so guys like Wilson and Maurice are ok. Randy, not so much.
Ever get to see Crazy John Brophy
When he cut his head open coming on to the bench and it was bleeding all over his white hair and him not wanting to do anything about it .
Craziest MF coach ever in the minors or the NHL lolololll
Check him out

Sorry
GOo F€£¥in LEAFS GOoooo!

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Ever get to see Crazy John Brophy
When he cut his head open coming on to the bench and it was bleeding all over his white hair and him not wanting to do anything about it .
Craziest MF coach ever in the minors or the NHL lolololll
Check him out

Sorry
GOo F€£¥in LEAFS GOoooo!

Yep he was their coach when I first started watching as a kid. I remember Quinn taking a few pucks to the face behind the bench in the span of a week, looked worse than all the players.

1297634133954_ORIGINAL.jpg

Reactions: IamruKusleaf

IamruKusleaf

Mar 3, 2018
Maple Leaf Gardens
As yes another bash Babcock thread. Just what we need. Not like every thread turns into a bash Babcock thread.
Not necessarily a bash thread !
As I clearly stated , I like Mike and think he’s a top 10 coach and for us now he’s done gud things
But there’s always another side brotha !
Read it carefully
I’m not saying that at all
I’m merely pointing out some opinions and facts
Y’all chime in with your thoughts

Sorry
GO F€£¥in LEAFS GOoooo!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad