Axel Sandin Pellika

Cold Steel on Ice

Feb 12, 2020
This guy is playing big minutes for Sweden at the wjc.Rd defense man.Very poised.I know we took a lot of defense the past 2 drafts but I think this player would be an excellent add with the TB first or another 1st if we acquire one prior to the draft.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
He is ranked in a group from early teens to late 20s ..so may be gone by our TB pick in round 1...Another undersized dman at currently 5''11. 175 but seems to have very reliable defensive instincts with some indications of some offensive abilities...Yes..looks to have interesting potential...but he is a LD...If he was a RD would be even a better choice for us to pick..Butbour Needs are forwards with talent .

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I like him a lot. Smooth skater and seems to be have a very poised confident controlling game - probably means very good hockey iq.

Had a rough one against Canada though, lots of mistakes.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Consider Maxim Strbak of Slovakia in the 2nd round, Plays as much as Sandin Pellika but it's behind Simon Nemec so he won't see PP time.

Strbak is a right-handed defensemen with size(6'2", 200 lbs) that won't shy away from contact. Average straight line speed but good lateral movement. Pretty good hockey IQ for a 17 year old.

He's already playing in NA in the USHL and is committed to Michigan State next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad