Stoke me a clipper.
Last edited:
Reactions: Fig

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

He's a big guy.
Its always nice to find something positive to say about the guy you drafted 208th overall.
I'm sure years from now he enjoy telling his grandkids how he was drafted by the NHL Calgary Flames.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Its always nice to find something positive to say about the guy you drafted 208th overall.
I'm sure years from now he enjoy telling his grandkids how he was drafted by the NHL Calgary Flames.
We've done reasonably well in getting some interesting players in the 7th round and seeing what they can do at least up to the AHL. I wouldn't write him off immediately after drafting him.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
We've done reasonably well in getting some interesting players in the 7th round and seeing what they can do at least up to the AHL. I wouldn't write him off immediately after drafting him.
The last time the Flames had a skater that actually played for them and was drafted in the 193rd spot or lower (7th rnd picks started a 193), was David Van Der Gulk in 2002 and he played 6 games for the Flames back in 2008-9. Prior to that we have David Moss taken in 2002 who played 317 games for the Flames from 2006-12. Getting a hit once every 20 or so years are not good averages and not even close to being reasonably well. Goalies taken in the 7th round are a different kettle of fish. Goalies are voodoo.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Once in awhile you get a Mangipane

Even him, it’s incredible a guy that fells every shift can make it to the NHL lol

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
The last time the Flames had a skater that actually played for them and was drafted in the 193rd spot or lower (7th rnd picks started a 193), was David Van Der Gulk in 2002 and he played 6 games for the Flames back in 2008-9. Prior to that we have David Moss taken in 2002 who played 317 games for the Flames from 2006-12. Getting a hit once every 20 or so years are not good averages and not even close to being reasonably well. Goalies taken in the 7th round are a different kettle of fish. Goalies are voodoo.
I think getting even 1 in 20 tries in the 7th round is pretty good, thats if we even had 20 picks. If u look around the league the last 20 yrs, id imagine most sitting at 0

Reactions: Fig and Nanuuk

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Only watched him at the u18s but he had a bigger role as the tournament moved on due to injuries on the Swedish defense. He's pretty imposing physically, threw several big hits from good position, and is a stout positionally solid defender. Not a terrible puckmover either.

For a 7th, you get a guy with a good physical component that isn't a liability, can't really complain about that.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Only watched him at the u18s but he had a bigger role as the tournament moved on due to injuries on the Swedish defense. He's pretty imposing physically, threw several big hits from good position, and is a stout positionally solid defender. Not a terrible puckmover either.

For a 7th, you get a guy with a good physical component that isn't a liability, can't really complain about that.

Yeah, he was good in U18's and his role increased when Albert Wikman (Florida pick) got hurt.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

Is it fair to say trying to train him to be a Gubranson bottom pairing physical DD type isn't out of the question?

More like Axel Hurting

Hurtig is how you say it while simultaneously trying to stop a nose bleed. ;)

Reactions: Khrox

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad