GDT: Avs vs Oilers - 7:30 Mountain - Post Game

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
3 posts because they have nothing to shoot at because Juice is a big boy and a better goalie. With George in net there's lots of room to shoot at and would be no posts.
Posts and crossbar.... all part of a goalies equipment.

If a player is hitting them, that means there's no twine visible and the goalie is properly on angle.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I truly believe Vegas would rather Dallas. The Oilers should have beaten Vegas last year but Adin Hill somehow turned into Dominik Hasek.

Kevin Bieksa on HNIC said players talk about matchups all the time in private and who they would prefer. I 100% believe Vegas prefers Dallas.
I can't imagine that's really the case. If they get the Oilers then they ALSO get the winner of the Vancouver series if they get through which would probably be an easier team as opposed to the winner of Avs-Jets series if they also had to face Dallas first.

The kings are playing their asses off...looks like they want EDM for a 3rd time lol

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Georgiev absolutely should be on the bench in game 1.

One is doing everything to piss away the game while the other has been solid. Should be an easy choice, so of course it´s going to be Georgiev all the way.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I think Georgiev's leash is very short. One bad period short.
You wish. Georgiev will play the Winnipeg series whether he sucks ass or not.

The Avs handling of the goalie situation down the stretch should tell everything. Georgiev can be horrendous while getting significantly outplayed by his backup and still be the de facto starter.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Beating the oil, under any and all circumstances, brings Justus to the Universe.

That first goal by Nuke showed some sound chemistry by the 2nd line- sweet passing and movement. And it is great to see Nuke hit twine a couple of times.

And it was nice to see Moose score a snipe- that's the $9- mil shot that's been AWOL of late.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
You wish. Georgiev will play the Winnipeg series whether he sucks ass or not.

The Avs handling of the goalie situation down the stretch should tell everything. Georgiev can be horrendous while getting significantly outplayed by his backup and still be the de facto starter.
Yep pretty much.

Bednar has tied himself to George. It's a pretty questionable choice considering what we've watched from the two goalies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yep pretty much.

Bednar has tied himself to George. It's a pretty questionable choice considering what we've watched from the two goalies.
I mean you have to look at who Annunens played this year. He’s started at against CHI x2, MTL, CBJ, OTT, CGY, STL, NJ, TBL, MIN and an AHL Edmonton squad. He has decent numbers but that’s a lot of bad teams and at best some above average teams.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad