GDT: Avs vs Oilers - 7:30 Mountain - Post Game

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
If it was George in net, these posts would be going in.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
If Georgie is indisputably the guy for the playoffs as Bednar has said, I just don't understand why you wouldn't start him tonight. He's going to have a whole week off between starts going into the playoffs, and he's been a sieve in the last few starts. He needed this game to prevent rust and just to let him get himself together before the playoffs. IMO the only reason it would make sense to start Justsus tonight would be if he's the guy for Game 1.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
likely his last regular season goal ever
DebbieDowner.webp

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
If Georgie is indisputably the guy for the playoffs as Bednar has said, I just don't understand why you wouldn't start him tonight. He's going to have a whole week off between starts going into the playoffs, and he's been a sieve in the last few starts. He needed this game to prevent rust and just to let him get himself together before the playoffs. IMO the only reason it would make sense to start Justsus tonight would be if he's the guy for Game 1.
Good point. I wonder if it's to keep Annunen fresh. He last started 2 weeks ago and it's another 3 days til playoffs start. If they have to go to Annunen at some point I guess it makes sense to have him actually played a full game in the last few weeks.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Oilers not playing their top players or not, Annunen has looked solid and made the saves he's needed to. He did get some help from the posts but every goalie does at some point.

Reactions: Stanley Thermos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad