GDT: Avs vs. Isles: The City So Nice...They Named It Twice (8pm ET/6pm MT)

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Lol you don't think the thrashing of the Blackhawks was a complete game?
That's fair, and so was the SJ game. However those are two bottom feeders so tough to say if it those were great games or if those 2 teams are that bad.

So moreso I'd like to see a 60 mins game against a credible playoff caliber team.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
That RyJo empty netter was hilarious. Rantanen completely lost in his own end, fails to get it out along the boards multiple times, than makes a world class pick out of mid air and send Johanson in for an clear breakaway.

Sums him up pretty well.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Meant that in a positive way, hope it wasn’t taken differently. I want all the homies on here living their best life.
:thumbu:
:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

Going full Sea Eagles here..

I wouldn't change a damn thing about this team right now. It's going to take a little bit to really find the weakness.

Miles Wood is seriously fast as f*** for how heavy he is, that shit is scary. Even if he's the modern Cody McLeod. That's f***in scary. How heavy he is that fast has to make people scared. It's fun, that's a pin ball you don't wanna end up on the wrong side of. I've been impressed a few times he's closed distance and won puck battles.

I love this f***ing team
Maybe not change, but add. I'd feel a smidge better experiencing a serviceable, proven backup goalie.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
So I'm watching the post-game show late and Johnny Malkin just made the comment that the Avs have three of the top 10 players in the league.

I am all-in on Makar and MacKinnon being in the top 10. Rantanen is beyond a shadow of a doubt the best RW in the league right now. I'm just trying to determine if he's in the top 10 or not. He's got to be close but I would think us having 3 out of 10 seems too outrageous. But then again, we had Sakic, Forsberg and Roy on the same team and depending on the year any one of them could have been the best player in the league.

So, has Rantanen made everyone's top 10 list?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
So I'm watching the post-game show late and Johnny Malkin just made the comment that the Avs have three of the top 10 players in the league.

I am all-in on Makar and MacKinnon being in the top 10. Rantanen is beyond a shadow of a doubt the best RW in the league right now. I'm just trying to determine if he's in the top 10 or not. He's got to be close but I would think us having 3 out of 10 seems too outrageous. But then again, we had Sakic, Forsberg and Roy on the same team and depending on the year any one of them could have been the best player in the league.

He's top-10 in my eyes. I find it difficult to think of 10 more impactful, productive players.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018

TSN and NHL network had Moose in their top-10.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

He’s now regarded by most major outlets as a top 10 player in the NHL.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
He’s now regarded by most major outlets as a top 10 player in the NHL.
TSN and NHL network had Moose in their top-10.
He's top-10 in my eyes. I find it difficult to think of 10 more impactful, productive players.
1698206390274.gif

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I wonder if Nichushkin could actually become a ppg player on this team.

He was at a 70 pt pace last year and has looked real good this year as well.
What's crazy about last season is he was on a 72pt pace and only had 2 penalty minutes. That's it. All that defense. All that scoring. One penalty. The fact that he didn't get any Selke votes is pretty much bullshit in my book, considering JTC actually got ranked 13th in voting. Now, while the Lady Byng is a regular season award, I can understand how awkward it could have been to have Nuke win it last season.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Yeah, Mikko is top-10.

I have 5, or 6 guys ahead of him. After that you could argue, 1, or 2 more, but it’s not an easy argument. I think he’s closer to 5 than he is 10, tbh.

Makar, MacKinnon, Matthews, Drai, McDavid, Hughes. I think that's 6 you take above Rants for sure. After that I think you could make a case for him against anybody so in that 6-11ish range with players like Pasta, Kucherov, Cheese, Fox etc.

It's crazy how much of a difference a healthy Nuke makes for this team. Just impacts the game at every level. He and Lehky make life so much easier for all the top end talent on this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad