Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Jonathan Drouin (1 year, 825k)

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
For under a million, that’s excellent.

I don’t want to sound like too much of a homer, but I love what CMac and Sakic are doing this off-season.

I see two spots for him in this lineup:

Option A:

Drouin - MacKinnon - Nichushkin

Option B:

Drouin - Colton - Wood

I see no reason to not try him best to MacKinnon to start the year. Shit, you know they’ve got some familiarity.

Then if that fails, throw him next to our two hard checking dogs on the 3rd line and let him make the finesse plays, while they do the heavy lifting.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
I doubt Drouin takes Lehkonen's spot next to Mackinnon.

Lehkonen- Mackinnon- Rantanen
Drouin- Johansen- Nichushkin
Wood- Colton- O'Connor

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Okay, roast me… I have a really good feeling about this.

Avs have studied this move for quite some time and wouldn’t proceed if there were major concerns. They will give him every chance to succeed.

Good luck, JD! Welcome aboard.

Ya I agree...

Even if there's a ~95% chance it doesn't really work out. I think there's a chance this ends up being an insane deal.

Drouin has had success in the league before. He's scored 20G and 50+ points in an era where scoring was down.

To me there's a non zero chance the Mack/Drouin chemistry is real and Drouin blows up for like 60 points.

Reactions: Mules and Reparlana

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Lehkky - Mack - Mikko

Colton - Ryjo - Nuke

Woods - A Player - Drouin

That's what I expect to happen eventually. Then Colton gets moved back to center and a winger is brought in at some point unless Landy is making legit measurable progress.

Outside shot as a second line winger if Colton, Woods, and LOC are able to matchup above their weight class.

Then Nuke, Ryjo, and Drouin isn't much different than most of what Kadri, Nuke & Bura brought in the regular season not in Kadri's contract year lol. Offensive line that gets easier matchups.

Should be an interesting ride lol.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
The guy has skill, that's undeniable. It's a big risk but with all the factors weighed in this was probably the best we could do.

Reclamation projects are probably the best we can hope for now that MacK is the highest paid player in the league, because proven commodities on the UFA market are now out of our price range. That's just the way it is, time to hope and pray that playing with MacKinnon is the spark he needs to be legitimately productive again after playing on some terrible Montreal teams.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
**** the Duchene redemption story. I want the Drouin redemption story this year. Its going to be a big resurgence year for him. The spotlight and pressure of Montreal is gone. This is going to be Nuke v2 when its all said and done. Absolutely love this signing.

Reactions: kchan9

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
So, today is the happiest day in the history of this board?
Don't think it touches Teemu and Paul signing with us. But at least it's not a hated day, eh?

**** the Duchene redemption story. I want the Drouin redemption story this year. Its going to be a big resurgence year for him. The spotlight and pressure of Montreal is gone. This is going to be Nuke v2 when its all said and done. Absolutely love this signing.
You know it's going to be so much fun eliminating him and the Stars next spring, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I hope the best for him. He'll definitely be worth it for us this season. Next season he will cash in and might not be worth it, but that's (probably) someone else's problem.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

1688246408630.gif

1688246434865.gif

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Our team (so far) looks amazing, considering we've also lost only Newhook.

Drouin - Mack - Nuke
Lehks - RyJo - Rants
Wood - Colton - XXXXX
Cogs - XXXXXX - LOC

Toews - Makar
Byram - Manson
Girard - XXXXX

Georgiev
Francouz

+ Try and get Rodrigues on that 3rd line
+ Bottom six is SO much more talented !
What about J.T Compher? You don't like him anymore?

It will be tried.. maybe with Lehkky or Nuke there, but not with Mikko.
Yeah, but Nuke can carry his own line.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
What about J.T Compher? You don't like him anymore?

Yeah, but Nuke can carry his own line.
I do, but he signed in Detroit for over 5 mill per, just sayin. Came to us, developed, won a cup, left for the big $$$$, yes, I like him :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad