Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Behrens to 3-year ELC

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
I like Manimal more than most here but Im not sure he will still be reliable on his final year. and if Walker is willing to sign for less than Manson's money, it's a no-brainer imo. move from him and Girard so you have cap space for Drouin, Mitts, etc.
Nah. Every player has risk of regression, walker included. We know what we have in Manson in terms of fit and it’s a good one. He’s played well this year and has earned the right to stay over a guy we traded for as a rental and has yet to really show he fits. Manson shouldn’t be moved unless we get a likeminded player in return, we need more of this types, not less or at the very least hold onto what we have.

Reactions: pont

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Even if you forget "beef", Manson is flat out better than Walker. Not like Walker is way younger, either. He turns 30 next season and given he is a UFA right shot D likely makes more than Manson on his next deal.
and for much longer than the 2 years remaining on Manson's contract

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Even if you forget "beef", Manson is flat out better than Walker. Not like Walker is way younger, either. He turns 30 next season and given he is a UFA right shot D likely makes more than Manson on his next deal.

We'll see what the playoffs bring but he has left a lot to be desired. I wouldn't even consider the Manson deal for him based on what we've seen so far.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
We'll see what the playoffs bring but he has left a lot to be desired. I wouldn't even consider the Manson deal for him based on what we've seen so far.
I thought he was going to be phenomenal in this system after that first Oilers game. Since then it's been all downhill. We can't even blame it on him having to play the left side because that's only been two games.

Reactions: GeoRox89 and Avs_19

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
so next year

Makar
Toews
Walker
Behrens
Malinski
Jones

something like that on D? maybe add a reliable 3rd pairing veteran from UFA. one can dream...
You can forget Walker. They won't be able to afford to keep him.

More like:
Towes/Makar
G/Manz
Behrens/Malinski

And they might have to trade one of G or Manz if they want to sign Mitts and keep Drouin.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
VC82_C.gif
Size Queen.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
For the life of me, I'll never understand why hockey players spend so much money to have a suit tailored improperly.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Behrens looked solid. Made the smart, safe plays. Good future ahead if he keeps it up.

That’s nice but does anyone talk about or care about Girard’s points? One of my main grievances against Girard is that he does a lot of non predictacable nonsense. When he should be an outlet, he inexplicably skates himself out of position. It’s like if MacKinnon probes the left side and skates in with the puck, why is Girard skating to the middle of the ice? He’s disjointed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad