Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign Pavel Francouz 2-years × $2M AAV

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I'm good with this. He is a great backup and he is willing to take quite a bit less because he likes both the team and the city.

Proof that sometimes there is more than money in life.

Now please stay healthy Frankie.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Needs to stay healthy, but plays well when he is healthy. This is a risk/reward deal, but at 2m it can be absorbed if it goes sideways.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
I wonder what the reasoning is for front-loading his contracts. I guess it's probably to make him easier to move in a trade in the 2nd year if he continues to have injury issues.

View attachment 514524
For sure thats the reason but they should have put some of each year in a signing bonus payable July 1st , its better for him cash wise and it makes him a target for other teams to come knocking , 1.75 is a great price for him but 500k each year in bonus would make him 1.25 actual the second year with a cap hit of 2m , there isn;t a team in the league that wouldn't be asking about him if he stays healthy next year .

Reactions: Richard88

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Other than his year off due to surgery and ankle sprain, why is he considered injury prone? Was he injured a lot not counting those 2 times?

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
For sure thats the reason but they should have put some of each year in a signing bonus payable July 1st , its better for him cash wise and it makes him a target for other teams to come knocking , 1.75 is a great price for him but 500k each year in bonus would make him 1.25 actual the second year with a cap hit of 2m , there isn;t a team in the league that wouldn't be asking about him if he stays healthy next year .

If he stays healthy next year I don't envisage that the Avs would want to trade him.

The Avs also aren't an organisation that tends to give out signing bonuses. Landeskog and Makar will each get a $1m SB in July 2026, but that's not a big amount and it's the only year in their contracts they get one. Rookies Newhook and Byram have $92.5k SB's but those are pretty standard for ELC's. Kadri is the only Av with a SB this year (a $2m SB) but that contract wasn't signed by Colorado.

Don't think it's been mentioned but this signing also probably indicates that the Avs front office think Annunen needs at least another 2 years before he can be trusted with even an NHL backup job.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
If he stays healthy next year I don't envisage that the Avs would want to trade him.

The Avs also aren't an organisation that tends to give out signing bonuses. Landeskog and Makar will each get a $1m SB in July 2026, but that's not a big amount and it's the only year in their contracts they get one. Rookies Newhook and Byram have $92.5k SB's but those are pretty standard for ELC's. Kadri is the only Av with a SB this year (a $2m SB) but that contract wasn't signed by Colorado.

Don't think it's been mentioned but this signing also probably indicates that the Avs front office think Annunen needs at least another 2 years before he can be trusted with even an NHL backup job.
I don't imagine they will look to trade him but everything s for sale and making him more desirable might lure an offer that can't be refused . Yes I noted that the Avs aren't a bonus team , but I think that should change it's a smart way to front load a deal that players might otherwise refuse , everybody likes a lump sum up front and it gives the team a bit more flexibility with the roster . I mentioned in another thread that this is probably the way to get Kadri to stay at an AAV thats manageable for the team with a dollar amount that Kadri will find attractive for at least the first few years then he can be moved to a cap floor team if his age starts to slow him down .

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Other than his year off due to surgery and ankle sprain, why is he considered injury prone? Was he injured a lot not counting those 2 times?

He said in a Czech interview he's dealt with knee issues since he was 14 and it's led to some osteoarthritis and other related issues and injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad