Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2017-18 Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
You can assume Sakic is getting fair offers based on recent Duchene quality players that have been traded.

Hall
Johansen
Drouin

This players were traded straight up for top 4 d-men, and it worked out for everybody, assuming it will also work out for Habs and Tampa as well, which it should.

I also believe that Sakic is just being ridiculous with his asking price for Duchene. And it's also been reported by many people that it is what's happening, Sakic is asking for way too much and that's why no deal has been made so far

If someone has offered the equivalent of a Larsson, S. Jones, or Sergachev, I would agree with you, but I am not sure that is the case. Of course, Duchene has a couple of years left on his deal whereas Hall, Johansen, and Drouin were younger with more RFA years left.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Absolutely love me some Kevin Fiala. And he seems to be healing from that nasty injury pretty quickly. Hopefully his game doesn't take a lasting hit after that injury.

I would take Kamenev back in that deal, not Girard. And people would still likely be upset since we wouldn't be getting a defenseman back in the deal, even though we'd be strengthening our prospect pool at a weak position. It'd probably have to be be Kamenev + Girard or Kamenev + Fabbro for people to be accepting of the deal, let alone being happy with it.

Regardless, I don't see a deal with Nashville happening unless Poile decides to make Ekholm available.

Screw people. I'd love Fiala & Kamenev.

Fiala - MacK - Rantanen
Landy - Jost - Kamenev
Greer - Compher - Shvyryov

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I could have lived with it if you left that last part off there. When we don't know exactly what the offers are. How the hell do we know for sure who to blame lol?

Don't say we know what the offers are either. Because the last piece or pieces have been left off in every single report.

Throwing this spin crap out at anyone and making any sort of concrete statement is pretty much an assumption based on your feelings.

As to your delusional comments. The idea never seemed to be to trade Duchene for the best value possible. I've always taken it as they would trade him if they could make the needed adjustment in organizational strength.

He was never simply up for auction so expecting them to take whateverthefuk the market bares is futile IMO. Nice try on the spinorama job though.

Lol, I touched a nerve with the spin word, huh?

We don't know for sure that OJ did it either. Man, just use some common sense.

I didn't say we know what the offers are. I said if nobody is offering what we think is a fair offer then we need to rethink what a fair offer actually is.

It's not based on feelings at all. Like I said, just use some common sense. We have a 50-60 point C, arguably the most important position. You seriously think teams are not making a fair offer for him and every single one of them only wants Duchene if they can steal him? No way.

You've taken it the wrong way. Duchene isn't being traded just for positional purposes. The guy is done with this team.

Sorry, I forgot we are talking about Sakic. Stupid me thinking he should do the best thing for the team.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I agree, it almost seems personal to him, which is very strange.

Not strange when you know that he's close to agents. When he insists that Duchene can't go back there, it's more than likely not his opinion.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO

Fiala - MacK - Rantanen
Landy - Jost - Kamenev

I think it'd work out in the long run, too, but by all accounts it seems like Sakic needs to get a piece on defense for the current team. He won't be able to sell the trade to the general fan base if he doesn't, and instead of building for the now and the future, he seems to be trying to chalk the eventual trade up as a "win" in the eyes of the general fanbase. I can't really blame him, either. Trading away the face of the franchise never goes over well with casual fans.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Not strange when you know that he's close to agents. When he insists that Duchene can't go back there, it's more than likely not his opinion.

Friedman and McKenzie are close to agents as well, but their comments and approaches have been different, and more circumspect in my opinion.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Problem with Poile is his team just got a HUGE year (unexpected SC finals) so he can't really trade a major piece of his success because it's risky to break the chemistry.

In a vacuum, trading Ekholm straight up for Duchene would be extremely good for him (typical buy low, sell high) especially now with Emelin making 4M as a LHD and ready to jump on the 2nd pair. It should be a no-brainer for him but it's not because he can't.

Poile might have balls but he's kind of stuck.

A Duchene for Ekholm swap wouldn't be good for them. As a fan of the Avs I would love that. As a fan of the Preds (distant 2nd) I would be shaking my head.

Emelin is a huge downgrade from Ekholm and doesn't make Ekholm expendable in any way. They shouldn't break up that top 4 unless it's for someone better than Duchene. It's just swapping holes.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think it'd work out in the long run, too, but by all accounts it seems like Sakic needs to get a piece on defense for the current team. He won't be able to sell the trade to the general fan base if he doesn't, and instead of building for the now and the future, he seems to be trying to chalk the eventual trade up as a "win" in the eyes of the general fanbase. I can't really blame him, either. Trading away the face of the franchise never goes over well with casual fans.

He's Joe f***in Sakic, he can make that trade; suffer the blowback, and hand things off to his successor. Leaving the team in position to thrive, and him in position to get a lot of retroactive credit when the new guy takes advantage of the foundation he'll be given. With Joe's clout in the organization he can afford to do that, even with all of the fans who've already turned against him.

Sure it's not him overseeing the rise, but that's no longer an option. All that's on the table for him is to set his successor up to succeed.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York

Sakic said he expects Duchene to be attending training camp. I don't know from which horses mouth did he hear that Duchene "cannot go back there". Its probably all media and reporters.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Fiala - MacK - Rantanen
Landy - Jost - Kamenev

I agree as well, include a 1st/Fabbro and put away this drama.

The saga is embarrassing for the team, players are likely wondering WTF? and fans. Get a decent return instead waiting allows the team to move forward. ROR trade is an example, the critics seem to believe the Sabres easily won the trade, yet AVs fans feel otherwise. If Sakic makes a trade with the rumoured parts with NYI, CBJ, NASH or Car, I believe most fans would be satisfied with the outcome.

Just tired of waiting....:popcorn:

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
IF there is some truth to those comments about Sakic having some trades on the table, who is the other forward people think could still be moved this far into the offseason? and for what?

I'd guess it would be one of the misfits Soderberg/Colborne/Comeau, but would someone actually be interested in those, now? I could see some team really starving at C giving a shot to Soderberg on a 2nd line, could actually work well too... I keep thinking that the best place for that would be Vegas though and dunno what could be coming our way then.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
IF there is some truth to those comments about Sakic having some trades on the table, who is the other forward people think could still be moved this far into the offseason? and for what?

I'd guess it would be one of the misfits Soderberg/Colborne/Comeau, but would someone actually be interested in those, now? I could see some team really starving at C giving a shot to Soderberg on a 2nd line, could actually work well too... I keep thinking that the best place for that would be Vegas though and dunno what could be coming our way then.

Maybe if we were to package something with Boston, as they know what they are getting with Soderberg. They know how to play & get the best out of him. What motivates him.

That being said, if Duchene is traded, a team gets their forward piece. I'd expect either a mega trade including maybe Barrie as well, or a trade that requires a D-prospect, because we'd be looking at taking a solid D in return.

I feel bad in saying this, but this may be Colborne's last year in the league.

Comeau would still have value at any club, and despite our results, actually looked very solid down the stretch.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Maybe if we were to package something with Boston, as they know what they are getting with Soderberg. They know how to play & get the best out of him. What motivates him.

That being said, if Duchene is traded, a team gets their forward piece. I'd expect either a mega trade including maybe Barrie as well, or a trade that requires a D-prospect, because we'd be looking at taking a solid D in return.

I feel bad in saying this, but this may be Colborne's last year in the league.

Comeau would still have value at any club, and despite our results, actually looked very solid down the stretch.

I think not being hated will motivate Soda

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
Sorry this is just a tad bit away yet but I was wondering what year you guys think we will be back making noise in the playoffs.. 18/19 19/20?

I was just looking at all the important players playing contract years in 2019 - 2020 season. Rants, Compher, Zads ( if 2 year bridge ), Greer.. and then other RFAs like the college guys and Ghetto. Varly UFA ( scary)

I see a very exciting season and high stress summer in the future.

Maybe a little more reason to sign Zads long term?

Last edited:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Soderberg's best statistical year was still with Colorado, everybody seems to forget that.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Sorry this is just a tad bit away yet but I was wondering what year you guys think we will be back making noise in the playoffs.. 18/19 19/20?

I was just looking at all the important players playing contract years in 2019 - 2020 season. Rants, Compher, Zads ( if 2 year bridge ), Greer.. and then other RFAs like the college guys and Ghetto. Varly UFA ( scary)

I see a very exciting season and high stress summer in the future.

Maybe a little more reason to sign Zads long term?

We'll be in the playoffs this coming season.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

Colborne still being here is the most baffling thing this offseason. The guy is only 27, should be good for 30-40 points, if we retain he only has a 1.25 cap hit, and now the only free agents left are PTO candidates other than like maybe 5 guys. And he only has 1 more year left on his contract so there is like no risk if he continues to suck ass.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If Avs have a 75 point season, will posters here give Bednar credit for coaching the most improved team in the league? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad