Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 17-18 Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I still don't see how Edmonton could move Pulju. They are going to be so hard up for cheap forwards soon, unless Pulju is just a complete anchor they're going to try to make it work while he's on his ELC.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Basically any offer in the offseason looks good right now. At least the silver lining is that Duchene is playing well and there's a chance Yakupov becomes a NHL caliber player by playing beside Duchene.

NYI 1st + Calgary 1st + Prospect
Milano + Murray + 1st
Serg +

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Unfortunately the further this thing goes the further away from those offers we'll get. We wont get that kind of value anymore as it's not longer 2 full years of Duchene a team is trading for. Now it's only 1.9 years and with every passing week that amount goes down.

Until next summer at least. Things might change a bit next summer when teams will have an opportunity perhaps to talk to Duchene about a contract extension before hand and maybe even have one in place before a trade. That's when you might see teams pony up a bigger offer because it wouldn't be Duchene for just 2 and maybe more years if he's willing to re-sign. It would be Duchene for 1 full year + new contract already in place.

I think if nothing gets done over the next few weeks Sakic is better off moving Dutchy next summer.

marioni

Apr 3, 2011
I say play the long game. What we should be doing is looking to acquire another 1st for next years draft.

#TrustTheProcess :D

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Basically any offer in the offseason looks good right now. At least the silver lining is that Duchene is playing well and there's a chance Yakupov becomes a NHL caliber player by playing beside Duchene.

NYI 1st + Calgary 1st + Prospect
Milano + Murray + 1st
Serg +
No. With the way Barzal on his ELC is developing, the isles are out of the Duchene mix.
Staple in Newsday did a question and answer session on twitter yesterday. Confirmed that the isles are not looking to make any trades at this point.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Why would the Avs want him? Sorry really underinformed on him other than his salary.

Is another C needed? Mack, Compher, Jost, Soderberg... after Dutch moved

I don't think Soderberg is going to be given a spot above the 4th any time soon. They still haven't even after all the injuries. And I think they would prefer to keep that 3rd line deep with Compher and Jost, or move Jost to a top 6 wing spot. Ship would be a decent replacement for Duchene as the 2nd line center.

And beyond that, it's a decent chance to buy low on a player who was a star in Russia just last year. This is all price dependent, which is a total unknown right now.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Does Ship come with Shea Theodore or Nate Schmidt?

I wouldn't mind Ship to come in, especially if Duchene is traded. Have Ship, Compher, Jost, Soda fight for the 2C spot. And right now barring playing in Russia Ship's cost cannot be any lower

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I am hoping that since most rumors have Duchene linked to teams in the East, that he and your management smooth over disagreements and he stays in Colorado. I would hate to see him end up a Ranger, Habs or BJ

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Duchene really does need to get traded. He has played well, his numbers are good this year (back to his 60+ point pace) at the moment, should instill confidence in the other GM's, if he wants much longer numbers will suffer and he could get hurt.

I know it is less than ideal that Compher is out, but honestly, you are paying Soda a ton of money might as well try him as a 2C for a couple of weeks if you trade Duchene

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Söderberg started on minus with Bednar because of last year. The injuries opens up some ice time for him though. He played over 17 minutes last game. Just has to keep his head down and work hard to regain the trust of the coaches.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Avs do not need another center, certainly not Shippy. Habs should be all over that though.

I don't want to just take the word of Patrick O'Sullivan, who said in the games he played that Shipachyov was the definition of "perimeter player" but I really don't see why you pay a guy $9 million for two years and just say "welp, he's not good enough" after three measly games.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Avs do not need another center, certainly not Shippy. Habs should be all over that though.

I don't want to just take the word of Patrick O'Sullivan, who said in the games he played that Shipachyov was the definition of "perimeter player" but I really don't see why you pay a guy $9 million for two years and just say "welp, he's not good enough" after three measly games.
Patrick O'Sullivan either loves you or hates you, and he clearly has made his judgement fairly clear on Shipachyov after 3 games.

Reactions: Pokecheque
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad