stuck in the '90s
Jonas Johansson

peter-forsberg-foppa.gif

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
They have extremely limited cap space, like not even enough for a league minimum deal. So I am guessing either Francouz goes on LTIR and they grab someone who hits waivers(Seems to be quite a few of these honestly) or they make a trade and send Francouz away in the deal.

I can see a DeSmith/Francouz swap happening. Montreal has 3 goalies and IIRC from earlier this summer DeSmith wants out of Montreal. Both goalies make about the same and quite frankly Francouz would be the best goalie in Montreal if he gets healthy this year. Avs/Habs already have a history of making deals since Hughes took over as well.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
People are saying De-Smith, And while I agree De-Smith has some value and potential starter ability with the AVS, I wouldn't be surprised to see ALLEN going the other way.

Hope its at least one of them.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
People are saying De-Smith, And while I agree De-Smith has some value and potential starter ability with the AVS, I wouldn't be surprised to see ALLEN going the other way.

Hope its at least one of them.

With what cap space? We also don't want Allen or need him. We just need a purr backup to play 25 games.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
They have extremely limited cap space, like not even enough for a league minimum deal. So I am guessing either Francouz goes on LTIR and they grab someone who hits waivers(Seems to be quite a few of these honestly) or they make a trade and send Francouz away in the deal.

I can see a DeSmith/Francouz swap happening. Montreal has 3 goalies and IIRC from earlier this summer DeSmith wants out of Montreal. Both goalies make about the same and quite frankly Francouz would be the best goalie in Montreal if he gets healthy this year. Avs/Habs already have a history of making deals since Hughes took over as well.
Francouz isn't better in any way, shape or form then Monty or Allen.

Trading DeSmith for Francouz 1v1 only helps the Avs here, no reason for MTL to do this if they aren't getting anythign back that actually helps them.

Would rather put DeSmith on waivers, and then if COL claims him they assume 100% of his cap hit.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
With what cap space? We also don't want Allen or need him. We just need a purr backup to play 25 games.
Would a swap for Anton Forsberg be of interest?

He is a pretty good goalie & has been healthy since April, but I can see the cap being an issue for Colorado. Ottawa's benefit would be the added cap space from swapping the goalies (plus Francouz starting on IR, which wouldnt hurt too much because we have Sogaard available to us).

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca

He is a pretty good goalie & has been healthy since April, but I can see the cap being an issue for Colorado. Ottawa's benefit would be the added cap space from swapping the goalies (plus Francouz starting on IR, which wouldnt hurt too much because we have Sogaard available to us).
I'd like Forsberg but the Avs wouldn't take on cap in getting another goalie, in any case they'd look for a league min guy. Otherwise a guy like Vladar would be of interest too.

They'll be plenty on the waiver wire. Wouldn't be surprised if a guy like Martin Jones was their guy, or Halak like others have mentioned

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Maybe I’m crazy but give Justus a chance and if it doesn’t work move on, could buy them a little time

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Jones/Woll or Daccord off waivers or Halak at league minimum would be my preference. No shortage of passable backup goalies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Avs have no cap space, I don't see why the Avs would ever make such a deal. Hell, they literally can't

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Francouz isn't better in any way, shape or form then Monty or Allen.

Trading DeSmith for Francouz 1v1 only helps the Avs here, no reason for MTL to do this if they aren't getting anythign back that actually helps them.

Would rather put DeSmith on waivers, and then if COL claims him they assume 100% of his cap hit.
Your draft pick selections beg to differ lol.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
You have no cap space to give back? If you want allen for 25 games, Which in most peoples opinion should be good for 15+ wins on the avs, Are you giving capital plus cap for that goalie?

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
No one relevant is being placed on waivers until the last week of camp at the soonest. Colorado is almost certainly going to have to make a trade or sign someone washed. Only goalies that may be available right now in their cap hit range are Luukonen/Comrie from Buffalo, DeSmith from Montreal, or Vladar from Calgary.
Why?

The Avs have enough goalies to run through TC and preseason.

They can easily wait for someone on waivers right before the season starts

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Is the Francouz injury prognosis … just news today?

Like, if they had an inkling yesterday they could have signed Kinkaid. This would seem like a situation more likely to give Kinkaid actual nhl-level backup money for a good while … than the deal he signed yesterday.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
This sounds like Desmith or Halak.

I'm actually surprised one of them isn't in Tampa now

I suspect one ends up in Colorado

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad