Half-Assed GDT: AVS BLUES: Oh Hey, Look Another game Tonight.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
They were in the game the entire night and we never looked completely outclassed except for the 1st goal against.
well i didnt see the whole game but the last 5mins they looked scared and were playing for OT. Hayes passed up a prime scoring chance to make a idiotic pass that had no chance of getting through then they were scared to play the puck and wanted Binner to cover it which led directly to the next goal.

either way, the refalanche are not a legitimate contender in the west unless they get massive officiating favors. they are a bigger one line team than we are.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
They were in the game the entire night and we never looked completely outclassed except for the 1st goal against.
our top line and paryko/leddy played a LOT and played quite well. bottom of lineup hardly got any ice time. bannister wasn't screwing around. he wanted to win this and team put up really strong effort. Probably deserved better fate in this one.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
our top line and paryko/leddy played a LOT and played quite well. bottom of lineup hardly got any ice time. bannister wasn't screwing around. he wanted to win this and team put up really strong effort. Probably deserved better fate in this one.
Yeah, losing games like these don't bother me too much. They never looked like they gave up. These are the type of loses I'm hoping for if we decide to go after another top 10 pick.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
What a shame that The Blues lose this game in Regulation, in a game that they played so very well, holding the powerful Avs' offence down in both 5 on 5, AND on The PK. But, I'm glad to see they've been playing well in all games but one under Bannister, so far.
When we failed to convert on any of our PPs I knew the game was most likely a loss. If you fail to exploit those mistakes by the Avs, they will end up beating you.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Yeah, losing games like these don't bother me too much. They never looked like they gave up. These are the type of loses I'm hoping for if we decide to go after another top 10 pick.
to me this season is about developing players, evaluating players, and reestablishing our culture. seeing thomas become an elite player, neighbours starting to define himself as player, kyrou committing to all around game, peru becoming nhl player, that is what i care about. playing hard and trying to win. and tonight they did that. so would have been nice to see team rewarded for it- and for avs to lose- but sinking towards bottom of standings isn't without it's charms.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
If the Blues are to get back into contender territory They need a 2-way 2nd line C, better middle 6 scoring, full rework of the top 4 LHD, and a RHD.

Right now in the System we look to have a fairly solid projected Middle 6
Dvorsky will slot in to the 2nd C spot, Snuggy, Stenberg, Bolduc, Dean, and Neighbours seem to look like our Middle 6.

Lindstein and Buchinger should fill out the 2nd and 3rd pairing pretty well. (maybe if Lindstein can find that offensive touch those two can move up to 1st and 2nd pairing). The issue is we need to find A top LHD and a 2nd or 3rd pairing RHD.

We have the forward core and parts of the defensive side. but we need those blue chip defensive pieces.

to me this season is about developing players, evaluating players, and reestablishing our culture. seeing thomas become an elite player, neighbours starting to define himself as player, kyrou committing to all around game, peru becoming nhl player, that is what i care about. playing hard and trying to win. and tonight they did that. so would have been nice to see team rewarded for it- and for avs to lose- but sinking towards bottom of standings isn't without it's charms.
If a top 10-15 pick gets us a Blue Chip defensive prospect for either the left or right side I'll be thrilled.

As long as while we are losing we are actually playing to win games.

Reactions: Blueston and Robb_K

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
If the Blues are to get back into contender territory They need a 2-way 2nd line C, better middle 6 scoring, full rework of the top 4 LHD, and a RHD.

Right now in the System we look to have a fairly solid projected Middle 6
Dvorsky will slot in to the 2nd C spot, Snuggy, Stenberg, Bolduc, Dean, and Neighbours seem to look like our Middle 6.

Lindstein and Buchinger should fill out the 2nd and 3rd pairing pretty well. (maybe if Lindstein can find that offensive touch those two can move up to 1st and 2nd pairing). The issue is we need to find A top LHD and a 2nd or 3rd pairing RHD.

We have the forward core and parts of the defensive side. but we need those blue chip defensive pieces.
The #1 need for the blues is a legitimate #1 Dman so Colt55 can be in the role that suits him best which is what he was when he was with Jaybo. ELITE second pairing shutdown pair. I don't like the contract Captain Creampuff got but there is no mistake about it, the Blues would be a MUCH better team with him on it instead of Krug.

The second need is changing team culture. Kyrou seems to be hustling way more now since his crying episode, so I like what I see there. Resigning Sunny is important for this IMO.

The third is to get more production from people like Schenn who will be here for a long time. He flat out sucks.

Reactions: Blueston

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
This….. and maybe a few deadline departures for assets…. Bring Snuggy in the last month of the szn. Maybe by then a bolduc or Dean has taken steps fwd and warrant a call up or Dvorsky szn ends and he turns pro….

Reactions: Blueston

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Well according to Naturalstattrick we had a 64% expected goals at 5v5 and by the eye test we looked like the better team that couldn't finish chances

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
Well according to Naturalstattrick we had a 64% expected goals at 5v5 and by the eye test we looked like the better team that couldn't finish chances
This was one of our best games of the season in terms of limiting high danger chances against and a strong one at generating them, too.

I didn't get to watch but it's at least an encouraging sign, despite the overall result. I'm curious if there are any significant system changes slowly getting implemented after the coaching swap contributing to anything, but I haven't seen too many games recently with family in for the holidays.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
This was one of our best games of the season in terms of limiting high danger chances against and a strong one at generating them, too.

I didn't get to watch but it's at least an encouraging sign, despite the overall result. I'm curious if there are any significant system changes slowly getting implemented after the coaching swap contributing to anything, but I haven't seen too many games recently with family in for the holidays.
We're not nearly as passive in the defensive zone and I think we adjusted our neutral zone plays too. A few times tonight we sent the wings wide on the regroup and streaked a guy up the middle for a pass down the middle with speed. It's hardest to determine what is the preferred option in the NZ, but we've been much more crisp there recently.

Reactions: oPlaiD

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

Can't really be too critical after this one, but it is frustrating to lose after keeping MacKinnon and Makar off the scoreboard. The Blue had plenty of chances that they just couldn't bury but then again so did Colorado. No shame in losing this game, but it would have been so sweet to beat these chumps.

Now the real question is how serious are the injuries to Faulk and Scandella. Faulk looked like he twisted his ankle pretty badly right at the end there.

EDIT: Apparently Scandy is fine but wouldn't be surprised if Faulk misses some time. We've been extremely fortunate to avoid injuries up to this point but you knew it was coming at some point.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Can't really be too critical after this one, but it is frustrating to lose after keeping MacKinnon and Makar off the scoreboard. The Blue had plenty of chances that they just couldn't bury but then again so did Colorado. No shame in losing this game, but it would have been so sweet to beat these chumps.

Now the real question is how serious are the injuries to Faulk and Scandella. Faulk looked like he twisted his ankle pretty badly right at the end there.

EDIT: Apparently Scandy is fine but wouldn't be surprised if Faulk misses some time. We've been extremely fortunate to avoid injuries up to this point but you knew it was coming at some point.
faulk probally messed up his achilles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad