Proposal: Avs and NYI

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I won't pretend to act like I know what the value of anything is, but damn these proposals are terrible.

OP, ask yourself this, would do those trades if you were in Sakic's shoes?

Yashin for President

Jan 14, 2007
Bestchester
Man, Landy would help the Isles big time and really make fans forget about KO and Neilson. On top of all this he's signed until 2021!? If I'm the Avs I want Barzal sorry folks.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Ok

So look at this as a conversation starter for Landeskog.

Before answering what else Islanders need to add to make this deal consider that Pulock is the following:

• Good sized (6'1" 210)
  • Young (23)
  • Cost controlled (ELC at 860K)
  • Puck Mover
  • Cannon for a shot
  • Right Handed D-man
  • Top out as top 2 D-man Bottom out at as top 4 D-man

Islanders would be taking on 5.57 Million per till 2021

That's a pretty generous estimate for a guy who's played a grand total of 21 NHL games. At this point in time, he has not proven he's a top four defender. So his "bottom out as" shouldn't be listed as a top 4 d-man.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
I love Landeskog but I begrudgingly decline. I just can't trade a guy who could be the cornerstone of my defense for a winger like that at this point. D-men like that would have a much bigger impact on the game.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm curious as to what more Avs would want?

They'd want to keep their 23 year old captain, who's their only legit top 6 winger in the entire roster and they also would want to keep the dman that they got for Ryan O'Reilly.

Yep, I'm pretty sure that's what the AVS would want.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
They'd want to keep their 23 year old captain, who's their only legit top 6 winger in the entire roster and they also would want to keep the dman that they got for Ryan O'Reilly.

Yep, I'm pretty sure that's what the AVS would want.

I wasn't being sarcastic . No need for it :laugh:

Anyway, why are there rumors of trading him then? Really doesn't make any sense to me. Enlighten me on Zadarov though. I did a quick look and he played in the AHL after a short NHL stint. Curious as to what happened.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I wasn't being sarcastic . No need for it :laugh:

Anyway, why are there rumors of trading him then? Really doesn't make any sense to me. Enlighten me on Zadarov though. I did a quick look and he played in the AHL after a short NHL stint. Curious as to what happened.

Zadorov was sent down to the AHL so he could play big minutes instead of 15 minutes a night in the NHL. He has all the physical tools to be one of the best defenseman in the league, but he has just had some issues in reading the game. He got called back up at the end of the year and looked a hell of a lot better and looks like he should be ready for top 4 minutes this season. He's probably pretty untouchable due to his extremely high potential.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Zadorov was sent down to the AHL so he could play big minutes instead of 15 minutes a night in the NHL. He has all the physical tools to be one of the best defenseman in the league, but he has just had some issues in reading the game. He got called back up at the end of the year and looked a hell of a lot better and looks like he should be ready for top 4 minutes this season. He's probably pretty untouchable due to his extremely high potential.

Ahhh okay, very interesting. If that is the case then I can totally see why you guys would not want to trade him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad