Confirmed with Link: Avs acquire S. Girard, S. Bowers, V. Kamenev, A. Hammond, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for M. Duchene

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Except his leash has to be incredibly short...and in most cases when a team fires a coach at any point in the season, a turnaround usually happens.

I guess we can hope that if Boucher gets the Sens off to a terrible start, Dorion sits on his hands long enough that even a modest turnaround has no real effect on the team. But we'll see, I guess.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Except his leash has to be incredibly short...and in most cases when a team fires a coach at any point in the season, a turnaround usually happens.

I guess we can hope that if Boucher gets the Sens off to a terrible start, Dorion sits on his hands long enough that even a modest turnaround has no real effect on the team. But we'll see, I guess.

Me thinks this has more to do with $ than being ok with Guy, so I doubt they will fire him midseason.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012

Good news.

giphy.gif

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Turris sucking this much and the Sens protecting their 1st rounder makes Ottawa look a bit better in that trade IMO. Also, outside of the first month after the trade Duchene has been good for the Sens.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Turris sucking this much and the Sens protecting their 1st rounder makes Ottawa look a bit better in that trade IMO. Also, outside of the first month after the trade Duchene has been good for the Sens.

True but Duchene was good from day 1 for the Sens he just wasn't finishing and nobody else around him was able to aswell. Turris has been a complete ghost for the Preds in the last 3 months which makes me happy after everyone was saying Turris>>>>Duchene.

Reactions: Arnusson and cgf

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
True but Duchene was good from day 1 for the Sens he just wasn't finishing and nobody else around him was able to aswell. Turris has been a complete ghost for the Preds in the last 3 months which makes me happy after everyone was saying Turris>>>>Duchene.
I think it was only @henchman24 who said that.

Preds are the big losers in that trade and I don't see how it can get better for them. Sens can get worse if they don't resign Duchene and/or we get a top pick in 2019.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Preds are the big losers in that trade and I don't see how it can get better for them. Sens can get worse if they don't resign Duchene and/or we get a top pick in 2019.

Preds could trade Bonino and afford Tavares. And if that happened; giving up a defensive prospect with a top 4 like theirs and the pipeline that they still have, a 2nd, and Kamenev, is well worth the best 3C in the league.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

A lot of Sen fans were either saying they were equal or Turris was outright better. I wonder if Turris's play in the playoffs has changed any of that.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Watching Duchene on the regs changed that

I think it’s pretty obvious Duchene is the more naturally talented player than Turris, by a good margin too. But Turris is just more consistent and plays to his potential more often than Duchene, but when Duchene is on, man is he good.

Reactions: cgf

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I think it’s pretty obvious Duchene is the more naturally talented player than Turris, by a good margin too. But Turris is just more consistent and plays to his potential more often than Duchene, but when Duchene is on, man is he good.

Duchene had insane potential but it looks like he wasn't able to keep it together mentally. I thought he had potential to be long-term top10 center in this league.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Turris isn't a $6M/year guy but when his agent has the hammer, he likes to use it.

Chances are Duchene isn't a $xM/year guy going forward either, but if Dorion gets desperate Duchene might have his way with him.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Duchene had insane potential but it looks like he wasn't able to keep it together mentally. I thought he had potential to be long-term top10 center in this league.

Totally did. He was an elite skater, had silky hands, had a good shot, and was a decent playmaker. He had all the pure talent to be one of the best players in the league, but his mental state really held him back.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I have to wonder if Turris is an ideal fit for Nashville. One of his biggest assets is his very powerful shot, which is obviously not going to see as much use on a team that already has guys like Subban and Ellis ripping one-timers from the point.

Also, one caveat about a guy like Turris is that while he seems like an ideal #2 center, the lessened role and ice time can really adversely affect their production. A 2nd line guy is expected to produce at a reasonable clip with fewer opportunities.

And then again, I look at championship teams that had that amazing 1-2 punch at center: Pittsburgh (Crosby/Malkin), Tampa (Lecavalier/Richards), Chicago (Toews/Kane, and shut up, he may line up at RW but he's a center), and of course, Colorado (Sakic/Forsberg). Then I look at Nashville (Johansen/Turris). Something doesn't add up.

Of course if the frickin' Golden Knights win it all with Karlsson/Haula then hockey is just a weird sport where anything can happen.

And FTR I disagree emphatically with anyone who thinks Duchene is not as good as Turris. Turris has a more complete game per se, but in terms of pure talent, #9, er, #95 is superior.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Talking about great Centers.. MacKinnon and Tavares. They would be the second best duo in NHL.

We would be contenders immediately.

One can dream!

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

Preds have their 2nd line center locked up longterm, him having three down months does not mean the trade is bad for them. It's completely outlandish to call them losers and to say they don't have a chance to reap benefits from that trade, complete hot-takeism. The only loser of this trade is Ottawa, they got a slight improvement - if that - and paid through the nose for it, not to mention that if I had to bet I'd put serious money of Sens having no chance in hell to re-sign him.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I will say that while I do think Duchene is the better player I don't think he's a massive upgrade from Turris. Ottawa is banking on Duchene being an elite, gamebreaking player, and while I am still a huge fan of his, I don't think he's quite on that level.

And yes, one not-great playoff performance does not define a player any more than one fluke run (re: Fernando Pisani, Bryan Bickell) establishes them. But I still believe that it's possible that Nashville doesn't have the right mix at center for a championship run. If they prove me wrong over time, so be it, but that's just MHO.

Reactions: tucker3434

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Preds have their 2nd line center locked up longterm, him having three down months does not mean the trade is bad for them. It's completely outlandish to call them losers and to say they don't have a chance to reap benefits from that trade, complete hot-takeism. The only loser of this trade is Ottawa, they got a slight improvement - if that - and paid through the nose for it, not to mention that if I had to bet I'd put serious money of Sens having no chance in hell to re-sign him.

Fully agree about the Preds, but I don't think Ottawa lost. They overpaid, but they got a legit upgrade...even if it's not a massive one...not just a slight improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad