Confirmed with Link: Avs Acquire 5th Rounder from Seattle in Exchange for Tomas Tatar

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
giphy.gif

This was a heavy missmatch. Glad CMac and the player realized this quickly.

Good luck in Seattle.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
RyJo is on pace for 25 goals, we can't just immediately trade everyone away.
Yep.

And whereas RyJo tends to do better come playoffs, Tatar is the opposite.
That said, bumping RyJo to 3C would be awesome, we shall see... baby steps here.

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
I'm all for carefully fine-tuning this roster. We got guns in the pipes.
The young guns show lots of promise, Lehky will be back pretty soon, Kovalenko is a sure-fire add, Landy's return looks promising, why else would Mikko be so happy right now.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
There has to be another LOC type out in the org, they just have to be willing to stick with a player or two until he gets things down. Having a slot higher up in the lineup is valuable because a lot of prospects are never going to do much as 4th liners with 5 minutes of ice time.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
I'm all for carefully fine-tuning this roster. We got guns in the pipes.
The young guns show lots of promise, Lehky will be back pretty soon, Kovalenko is a sure-fire add, Landy's return looks promising, why else would Mikko be so happy right now.
Landy’s timeline was 18 months from surgery I thought? If he returns it’s likely next year.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Yep.

And whereas RyJo tends to do better come playoffs, Tatar is the opposite.
That said, bumping RyJo to 3C would be awesome, we shall see... baby steps here.
Would you really but RyJo between LOC and Wood? Seems like Ross is a much better fit stylistically.

RyJo might be on pace for 25 goals, but how many of those actually made a difference in a game? My impression is that when he is on the ice at even strength he is a liability and doing more harm than good for the team.

Y'all know that outside of Tyler Arnason, I really don't trash players consistently. I don't enjoy speaking bad of Johanson's play, in every interview I've read or seen he seems like a guy I would very much like to hang out with. By all accounts, he appears to be a fantastic team-mate. It's just not working here, and I don't think the calendar turning to April is going to change things.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

This is the same level of joy I've had when Holden and Jost were traded away

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
A lot have laughed at me in this thread, because I said I was gutted about losing Tatar. While everyone's entitled to their opinions, I'll say this.

What makes us such a ruthless machine is that every part is another cog that contributes in their own unique way. That's why I'm adverse to change what ain't broken. We are a team others fear.

My other example is when we were flying high as a team, when we had a very polarizing character in it called Steve Downie. For some absolute unknown reason to me, we decided to trade him (and yes, we brought in very soon after Max Talbot, who on his own is an amazing player), but we seemed to lose the chemistry and momentum at the time.

Look, maybe I just get way too attached to our players (I admit that), but in my mind, despite not scoring goals, he was literally doing everything else including working very hard. I just hate it when we lose anyone. Love the boys !

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
A lot have laughed at me in this thread, because I said I was gutted about losing Tatar. While everyone's entitled to their opinions, I'll say this.

What makes us such a ruthless machine is that every part is another cog that contributes in their own unique way. That's why I'm adverse to change what ain't broken. We are a team others fear.

My other example is when we were flying high as a team, when we had a very polarizing character in it called Steve Downie. For some absolute unknown reason to me, we decided to trade him (and yes, we brought in very soon after Max Talbot, who on his own is an amazing player), but we seemed to lose the chemistry and momentum at the time.

Look, maybe I just get way too attached to our players (I admit that), but in my mind, despite not scoring goals, he was literally doing everything else including working very hard. I just hate it when we lose anyone. Love the boys !
Man, @Sea Eagles I truly admire your love of the team and players.

Qui-Gon Jinn was wrong, it is you, my friend, who brings balance to the force.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019

Terrible take. Downie fought landeskog who was in his 2nd or 3rd season in a practice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad