Post-Game Talk: Avs 6 - Jets 3, Avs win Series 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
need to revamp the d, need to get faster, need to learn how to blatantly interfere, need to learn how to pk because we will not get away with said interference
Walking, slashing, interference are skills in the playoffs. Need to be able to be sneaky about it. We were getting called on some soft calls, but sometimes we made things too obvious.

That said, 28 goals in 5 games. That's a ton of issues, reffing just helped expedite our exit

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Stop being so negative... am I doing it right? :sarcasm:;)

On a serious note now that this is over, I have to say that the post ASB period of the season has been worst time I've had watching the Jets. Worse than the usual shitty seasons because it was like watching an opportunity be slowly squandered by those in power not acting on a series of obvious things unlike the last season where the players just didn't have it.

I pretty much stopped posting here and giving a f*** about this team after the last Nashville game (game 77?) as the coaches made every wrong decision during/after that- scratching Perfetti, reuniting 81-55-13, promoting f***ing Pionk to the top pairing, making Stanley a regular on the 3rd pairing. It was not just because of those decisions in of themselves but it leaving with very little confidence in them making the right decisions when every little decision matters.

Never felt this way with all the exits under Maurice... I long for the simpler days when the biggest complain about deployment was him scratching Toby for Joe Morrow as a desperation move in an elimination game.

I hope they did not burn the relationship with 91 too much.

I feel like you hated the PLD stretch from January on last year more than this season, but yeah, the now typical post ASG swoon is getting tiring to watch.

I don't think the relationship with Perfetti is all that bad. From the recent comments by Friedman on his podcast, Chevy wants him to have more ice time so we'll see if he backs that up this summer. For me he can open up a top 6 spot for him by moving Ehlers. He's the most valuable realistic trade piece and his disappearing act is gone after next season anyway.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Walking, slashing, interference are skills in the playoffs. Need to be able to be sneaky about it. We were getting called on some soft calls, but sometimes we made things too obvious.

That said, 28 goals in 5 games. That's a ton of issues, reffing just helped expedite our exit
there was nothing sneaky about what the avs did...

• Haha
Reactions: Turbonium

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Stop being so negative... am I doing it right? :sarcasm:;)

On a serious note now that this is over, I have to say that the post ASB period of the season has been worst time I've had watching the Jets. Worse than the usual shitty seasons because it was like watching an opportunity be slowly squandered by those in power not acting on a series of obvious things unlike the last season where the players just didn't have it.

I pretty much stopped posting here and giving a f*** about this team after the last Nashville game (game 77?) as the coaches made every wrong decision during/after that- scratching Perfetti, reuniting 81-55-13, promoting f***ing Pionk to the top pairing, making Stanley a regular on the 3rd pairing. It was not just because of those decisions in of themselves but it leaving with very little confidence in them making the right decisions when every little decision matters.

Never felt this way with all the exits under Maurice... I long for the simpler days when the biggest complain about deployment was him scratching Toby for Joe Morrow as a desperation move in an elimination game.

I hope they did not burn the relationship with 91 too much.

Yeah, I had a hard time with the direction of this group the back half. Never was able to fully get back on the wagon.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
The mission statement was "Make the playoffs and hope for the best." Chevy got 3 home games out of it, so he's checked all the boxes. See you at the draft, Chevy!
Do we even need to show up at the draft? Do we have any picks left?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

No that stuff is only for 30 of 31 teams jets will be called.

Reactions: hn777

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I feel like you hated the PLD stretch from January on last year more than this season, but yeah, the now typical post ASG swoon is getting tiring to watch.

I don't think the relationship with Perfetti is all that bad. From the recent comments by Friedman on his podcast, Chevy wants him to have more ice time so we'll see if he backs that up this summer. For me he can open up a top 6 spot for him by moving Ehlers. He's the most valuable realistic trade piece and his disappearing act is gone after next season anyway.

He doesn't even need to trade anyone, just let Toffoli and Monohan walk. I don't think it wise to waste term and cap on either. I'd likely be trying to build the second line around Cole starting next year. If Chevy wants him at C and it seems he does then he needs to bring in a coach that will facilitate that transition.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Man, I did not see that coming after game one! My thinking was: 'The Jets had their 1 crappy defensive game (and still won) -- now they're going to lock it down and Colorado's in tough.' I was wrong.

I watched only part of game two, so my question is what exactly caused the bed-shatting for Winnipeg's defense?:
-- the goalie
-- the skaters' lack of defensive commitment
-- the coaches' strategy
?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad