Post-Game Talk: Avs 6 - Jets 3, Avs win Series 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Great regular season, abyssmal playoffs. This group just doesn't seem to have the drive to excel in the playoffs.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If there's any f***ing justice, Bowness has coached his last game in the NHL, and they trade Pionk out this offseason. Those are two of the biggest reasons the Jets lost this series. Fire Brad Lauer as well. This is absolutely unacceptable. How was hiring somebody that knows how to coach the market? Did that work well for you, Cheveldayoff? f***in' pathetic. I'm not even mad. I'm just disappointed at how terrible they were. The fans in attendance deserved much better than what they got, because an old shell of a man would rather coach with his gut instead of with his eyes.

Take this lap and go home with your wife. You've earned it and you deserve it.

Is that actually one of the reasons they gave when they hired him?

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Stop being so negative... am I doing it right? :sarcasm:;)

On a serious note now that this is over, I have to say that the post ASB period of the season has been worst time I've had watching the Jets. Worse than the usual shitty seasons because it was like watching an opportunity be slowly squandered by those in power not acting on a series of obvious things unlike the last season where the players just didn't have it.

I pretty much stopped posting here and giving a f*** about this team after the last Nashville game (game 77?) as the coaches made every wrong decision during/after that- scratching Perfetti, reuniting 81-55-13, promoting f***ing Pionk to the top pairing, making Stanley a regular on the 3rd pairing. It was not just because of those decisions in of themselves but it leaving with very little confidence in them making the right decisions when every little decision matters.

Never felt this way with all the exits under Maurice... I long for the simpler days when the biggest complain about deployment was him scratching Toby for Joe Morrow as a desperation move in an elimination game.

I hope they did not burn the relationship with 91 too much.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Well folks it was a great regular season but they fell flat on their faces in the playoffs and it's another early exit. I don't know what changes will happen for next season but the Jets seem to have many holes that need filling. On a personal note I like to thank each and everyone of you for all the conversations in good times and in bad.
Thank you as well and all the others who engage in thoughtful and sometimes mindless yet entertaining chat. Lots to discuss this offseason

MarkWheeler

Dec 16, 2018
Hope we've seen the last of 27, 4, 73 on the roster. Too bad Rutger couldn't wait to see how the team ended the year because his concern of no spots available up front should be resolved after that display.

Worst thing Chevy can do is treat those 5 games as a small sample size and fall back on the regular season to judge the team.
We all know that’s exactly what he’ll do

Love My Hockey

May 1, 2024
GM did his job!! He bought some good guys in and they performed in reg season but disappeared for playoffs. Coach should be gone though. Helly should not have been in net tonight. Toronto made the change tonight and it paid off for them! For those that thought this team was better than the 2018-19 team what do you say now?

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Next years jersey already at the Jets Gear Store

313053.jpg

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Hope we've seen the last of 27, 4, 73 on the roster. Too bad Rutger couldn't wait to see how the team ended the year because his concern of no spots available up front should be resolved after that display.

Worst thing Chevy can do is treat those 5 games as a small sample size and fall back on the regular season to judge the team.

Add 81, 55, and 37 to that list... Playoff choking shouldn't be tolerated, unless you really want to be the Leafs of the west.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad