Not open for further replies.

Ponds

ꮯꭺꭲꭺꮯꮮꭹꮪꮇ!
Nov 2, 2023
Anacita
Play Broasoit in game 3

Perfetan in for Tooslowly

names to 2nd line, Ehelrs to 4th line

Jets could have wrapped the game up in the first 10 minutes…
I agree with playing Fetti over TT in game 3. Was thrilled with his pickup but he hasn't been of any use thus far. Give the kid a chance, see if he brings a needed spark to line 2.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Lets go Game 3

i think after around the mid 3rd period of game 1.
Led by McKinnon avs team rallied around their goalie. Jets can’t sustain anything since then.

i predicted 6 games for the Jets
but looks like 7 games.
but i’m not sure its a home advantage for the Jets.

Reactions: Ponds

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
Every loose puck ended up on a Avs player.
Forecheck forecheck that’s what the Avs did.
Seriously the Jets need another D man that can carry the puck out of the zone. Other than Josh they stand behind the net and can’t decide who can carry the puck out of the zone.
Just like I said it happens every time make fun of a player and he shines. I hope the Avs fans have a Helly chant.
No need to panic nobody picked the Jets in 4 … Avs are a good team and they were due for a win after 4 straight losses cs the jets.
Avs are forechecking very well and it is exposing Stanley. Time to rest him for someone more mobile.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Can they strap Helle to the goal like the Mighty Ducks did with Goldberg? He must have been directly responsible for a half-dozen goals against this year with his shaky puck handling.

(asking for a friend)

Reactions: hockeyarena

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
We have some stuff to work on. No answer for Mackinnon’s line at all through two games. Even if you wear them down, our depth hasn’t shown they are better than the Avs depth. Lowry on Mack and Scheifele on the Avs 2nd line was supposed to let the Monahan line feast but they’ve been a disaster. Monahan and Toffoli are complete no shows and Ehlers was brutal tonight.

Hellebuyck with another meh performance at best. The Connor post was the beginning of the end and then Hellebuyck’s gaffe and letting Manson score with five seconds left or whatever are two unforgivable mistakes that cost us the game.

We got dominated in both games and if it wasn’t for Georgiev being useless in Game 1 we’d be looking at a 2-0 series deficit.

BUT at least we are tied. Maybe we will play better on the road — and Georgiev still is a liability.

Last edited:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
For those curious, the optimal goalie pull time down two is about 5:00, or about 7:00 if you go on a power play. I dream of a day when our coach pulls the goalie there on that PP, but to not do it until under 2m left? Inexcusable. Putting out Lowry over Chef 4 on 4 down by two to Monty Burns-style “play the faceoff percentages”? Inexcusable.

And at the risk of beating a dead horse, I have no idea how much of this with Hellebuyck is ‘choker’ and how much is ‘fatigue’ but why even have an elite backup like LB if you’re just gonna burn out your elite starter before the playoffs?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
The audacity of some people asking Helley to steal a game for us after getting ventilated for 10 goals at home is f***ing incredible.

Well he probably does given that the rest of the team seemingly can't play a full 60.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
For those curious, the optimal goalie pull time down two is about 5:00, or about 7:00 if you go on a power play. I dream of a day when our coach pulls the goalie there on that PP, but to not do it until under 2m left? Inexcusable. Putting out Lowry over Chef 4 on 4 down by two to Monty Burns-style “play the faceoff percentages”? Inexcusable.

And at the risk of beating a dead horse, I have no idea how much of this with Hellebuyck is ‘choker’ and how much is ‘fatigue’ but why even have an elite backup like LB if you’re just gonna burn out your elite starter before the playoffs?

They probably would've pulled him if they had possession in the o zone I'm guessing

Reactions: johnnyonthspot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad