GDT: Avalanche vs Stars, Round 2, Game 6, 5/17/24 @8:00PM MNT: I don't wanna golf yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
The biggest what if is in the Avs franchise is gonna be them not getting Jack Hughes in 2019. Obviously you can't fault them for that but it's still something to ponder, they'd be a dynasty with him. But yeah 2C has been an issue since Kadri departed
Mittelstadt had 9 points in 11 games in the playoffs with no PP points, not sure what you’re expecting from your 2C.

Reactions: Elysian

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
One thing that caught me about this series, having not watched a lot of Dallas prior was how they just ALWAYS seem to find a way to mitigate a shot. Weather it’s blocked, deflected, they are fully committed to getting anything in front of it. Very committed team in that regard.

LaCarriere

Mittelstadt had 9 points in 11 games in the playoffs with no PP points, not sure what you’re expecting from your 2C.
Mittelstadt put up nearly a ppg, similar to Kadri during their cup run, with Kadri actually getting pp time. He was actually a pleasant surprise in the playoffs.

He was fine, not having landeskog hurts, and nuke doing nuke things probably killed the locker room morale, and sealed thier fate.

Even if they managed to scrape by Dallas their odds without those 2 guys and georgie in net weren't great. The oiler team that they dominated 2 years ago in the playoffs probably would give them fits.

Reactions: Avsfan1921

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Mittelstadt put up nearly a ppg, similar to Kadri during their cup run, with Kadri actually getting pp time. He was actually a pleasant surprise in the playoffs.

He was fine, not having landeskog hurts, and nuke doing nuke things probably killed the locker room morale, and sealed thier fate.

Even if they managed to scrape by Dallas their odds without those 2 guys and georgie in net weren't great. The oiler team that they dominated 2 years ago in the playoffs probably would give them fits.
I don’t think Dallas or Colorado would have any trouble with Vancouver or Edmonton. You can clearly see the play in this series is much higher level than the other in terms of puck management or paying attention to details defensively.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I knew it (I wanted to post, perhaps I should've); the Stars are more calculated, methodical. Reminds me of a Trotz hockey versus the world.

I have no skin in this game. For all the glitz and glamor of the Avs; they have beautiful skills; you cannot deny. As a hockey fan, they are a gorgeous team. Build on that. Thought they were the next Tampa; still think they are.

Biz annoys the f*** outta me.
I thought there was a strong chance too, but I think the opposite is going to happen. Losing Kadri, then Landeskog now looking like he might not be able to play again were huge daggers. This latest Nichuskin drama, in my opinion, has closed the Avs window. He is dead cap space now and our off season is going to be very interesting. We are crunched against the cap and stuck with Nichuskin’s contract during this time so I doubt there will be any big moves made to retool the team. The core of this team had all the potential to be like the Pens, Blackhawks, and Lighting but it’s starting to look like they are one and done for a while.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I personally thought Colorado would come out of this one, because they made it look easy against the best defensive structure wise team in the West, (Jets) If they are able to do that against Winnipeg they can do it against Dallas, although I didn't expect 6 goals a game, I thought Colorado would still beat dallas. Congradulations to the Stars. Good coaching move putting Duchene out there. He was looking quite dangerous in that game, although not the full series. their depth player showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad