GDT: Avalanche vs Stars, Round 2, Game 6, 5/17/24 @8:00PM MNT: I don't wanna golf yet!

Oh I don't know, which one is better?

• Total voters

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
But if Bednar isn't the guy what's the point? I don't think we'll see eye to eye on this.

I've lost faith in Bednar. I feel he can't help but overwork our superstars, he fails to make the necessary in game adjustments, refuses to get new assistant coaches, and builds bad line combos. To me that a recipe of failure unless to have an extremely deep roster like the 22 team.

I will admit I have no idea who to replace him with. No one comes to mind, but I would like a more balanced coach that has a little more structure in the defensive end.
And fire.

Submitted myself (why oh why) to his pg presser and was about to click away from the monotone droning when my browser froze, endlessly replaying 3 seconds.. and it sounded like 'number 9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number 9'.

Figures. Shutdown down system and wouldn't mind if I didn't hear that monotone drone again. Get it?

Reactions: Alienblood

Golden Foppa

Nov 13, 2002
Littleton, CO
Just getting home from the game.

Does Bednar have these guys do zero in season conditioning? How does Dallas, a team littered with old f**** that just played 13 playoff games in 26 days have fresher legs in OT while every Avalanche player looked gassed like Ryan Johansen? The Avs had an 8 day break. They should have skated circles around Dallas the deeper the series went.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
And fire.

Submitted myself (why oh why) to his pg presser and was about to click away from the monotone droning when my browser froze, endlessly replaying 3 seconds.. and it sounded like 'number 9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number 9 number 9'.

Figures. Shutdown down system and wouldn't mind if I didn't hear that monotone drone again. Get it?
Iiiiiiiiiiiii do not.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Does Bednar have these guys do zero in season conditioning? How does Dallas, a team littered with old f**** that just played 13 playoff games in 26 days have fresher legs in OT while every Avalanche player looked gassed like Ryan Johansen? The Avs had an 8 day break. They should have skated circles around Dallas the deeper the series went.
When you get pinned in your own zone you get tired very quickly. The Avs in OT 1 didn't touch the puck so...

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
f***ing Matt Dooooooooshane.

Glad he got that monkey off his back. And by glad I mean not really happy at all.

Last edited:

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
I'm thinking about how good it must feel to be Matt Duchene right now, and I want to vomit until I pass out.
Its been over 6 years by now....Get over it.

That trade helped is win the cup in the end.

Yeah, Matty got a little personal revenge..Who cares?

He hasnt won shit so far. Still 2 rounds to go. I still think the cup goes back east this year.

I am way more embarrased with the way we played this series. Especially our "leaders"....All 3 home-games a loss......

We didnt deserve to win this series. As much as it hurts to say.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Moops

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
So the real question for the summer: were Habs fans right all along? Did the Avs need Sean "the difference maker" Monahan to go anywhere this post season?
If you made all that effort to give all the other posts a like, it's only fair that I give a like to Sean Monahan for some reason as well

Easily… Dallas is deep.
Someone told me they only play 5 D though and will surely tire out in a long series with 2 overtime games?

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Don’t think a lot of us are mad. Pretty sure most of us mentally already checked out when they went down 1-3.
Reading that Val was suspended for the playoffs before Game 4 was the death knell of me living through this as intensely as I normally would have. I felt I knew exactly how the Avs would come out in that game and that even if a miracle occurred in the Dallas series, they wouldn't have the horses to go all the way anyways.

Last edited:

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Not even mad. Just extremely disappointed as others have said. All the bad news this week really stole the joy out of the playoffs for me. Because we all know how weaker of a team we are without the guy who basically said F U to all his fans and his teammates. Having Parise in the top 6 is not going to win the cup. Down 3-1 was just insurmountable.

Now all that's left to think is fear and dread. When we won in 2022, we still were looking at a young core with the likes of Newhook and Byram coming into the fold. Riding high. Now questions marks all over the roster and so much uncertainty. This is a uncomfortable.

I consider the last 7 years starting in 2017 to be the most joy in hockey I've ever watched. 2022 was the greatest year of my life. First game watching the Avs at Ball arena, the Cup win all coinciding with getting married. The culmination of years of despair in the mid 2000s to winning it all. Magical.

With so much joy and privilege being able to watch the Avs the last 7 years, it's hard for me to grasp that it's possible the window is shutting down or that years of mediocrity are on the horizon. On the top of my head the Caps and Bruins were able to win it all with a older aging core. We need the captain back in the worst possible way. I'm hoping for the best but the sense of fear is definitely setting in after this series much more compared to last.

Last edited:

kl35ha

Oct 19, 2017
I fell asleep in the third and they have like 21 shots. Woke up and see it when into OT with an extra 1 and a half period and only mange another 9 shots…?

I don’t know…Bednar system just doesn’t work well in the playoff for the years. The 22 run was crazy because everyone was working they butt off the play in the o zone for like 40mins per game and none of those teams play a grind it down slow pace boring style like Dallas/Vegas.

Bednar can’t adjust to system like Dallas and Vegas. It been a good run but it definitely time for a new voice and system.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
If you made all that effort to give all the other posts a like, it's only fair that I give a like to Sean Monahan for some reason as well

Someone told me they only play 5 D though and will surely tire out in a long series with 2 overtime games?

5D was never going to be a problem. They had 5 guys who could handle the minutes they were asked to play. All have proven that. Minutes are issues in two real instances…. When you play them through the whole season and have all the extra wear and tear that comes with it. Then when a player is asked to simply play more than they are capable of. Neither happened with the stars.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Not lying, but i watched both OT kinda waiting for the final blow from Dallas. It came in OT 1, but was waived off, only to extend the suffering.

It was really painful to wacht both OTs until the final dagger, put in by Duchene (what a story).

In Hindsight, this series was finally lost on Monday afternoon.

They came back, showed pride and forced a game 6 (to my surprise), but i said it allready after game 5 that this team looks drained. And as Game 6 went on, we saw it.

It was just too much to overcome in the end. Especially when you run into a team, that was, in the end, the better one in this series.

This team also needs his captain in a bad way.

Its sad and frustrating to go out like this, thats for sure. But in the end it was inevitable.

Reactions: TheGrimReaper

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Can’t be too disappointed.

I think a second round caliber team is about what they iced given the injuries and Nichushkin situation.

Healthy roster the expectation would’ve been a cup, but I’m fine with the result with the players they had available to them.

Onto the off-season. I’m happy with the way Georgiev finished the playoffs, proud of the resilience he showed. I’m comfortable rolling with him and Annunen next year.

I think there’s a lot of opportunity for player movement with the rest of the roster.

IMO, it’s time to stop with the status quo and shake things up. It’s not working. My goal would be to get younger. Trade out a couple big name vets and bring in some high-end prospects ready to make the jump. I’d rather let MacK and Makar lead a somewhat new wave of Avs then just keep trying to tinker ever so slightly with the current group.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I ain’t even mad. This team was never better than the 5-8 range in the league this year. Dallas was better constructed and deeper.

I had a bit of hope when there whispers about both Drouin and Landy coming back but obviously it turned out that Landy wasn’t close to ready and by the time Drouin came back we lost Nuke. Even then, we had glaring weaknesses in the bottom 6, 3rd pairing, and in net that were bound to get exploited by deeper teams like Dallas or Florida’s

Like we’ve talked about this week, you can’t lose three legit 1st line caliber stars like 2022 Kadri, Landy, and Nuke in consecutive years for nothing and stay at the top. Add to that Makar playing a bit worse due to injuries and Rantanen falling off on the conditioning/effort front, this group just wasn’t cup material this year.

Also, Deboer completed neutralized Bednar’s offensive system again. People still want to act like there’s nothing there to that matchup?

Out in the 2nd round in 6 to a deeper team is about the expected result for the group we had.

TheGrimReaper

ten years gone
Aug 20, 2020
gallows pole

val left and took the incentive with him nuk nuk
seriously though , dallas showed us that they were better conditioned and disciplined
the better team advances
I'm not putting any blame on the refs but good grief
stars actually won twice in the same game
this is considered a penalty but the exact infraction going the other way is not
this is an icing call but the same going the other way is not
I think we can all agree that the sport ( corporation ) has really become a clown show and all the participants ( well most ) are millionaires that cant wait to hit the course , beach , yacht
us fans are left to grieve that our hopes have been squashed and the players are toes in the sand
life is good , let's live it

Last edited:
Reactions: niwotsblessing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad