GDT: Avalanche vs Stars, Round 2, Game 6, 5/17/24 @8:00PM MNT: I don't wanna golf yet!

Oh I don't know, which one is better?

• Total voters

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
I’m quite angry at the third pairing, I thought they played that Benn goal horribly. But then again the Avs had no shot at winning this one 1-0.
I thought so too. Not sure why Johnson follows Dadonov at full tilt when Dadonov is skating directly into the boards on his backhand. Needs to peel off there and look around. I guess that's why they are the third pair.

Reactions: Pokecheque

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Really can't complain about the game and the team effort. The Avs fought for every inch of ice and worked their asses off. 2 OT's to end it!!

We can talk about roster changes and coaching changes and systems changes but this was a gutsy effort by the team. Losing is disappointing but the way they lost was not. One of these teams was going to catch a bounce and break sooner of later. I mean Duchene was in the right spot at the right time and a loose puck came right to his stick.

IMHO an Avs win was going to come from Makar's stick. He really didn't gear it back up offensively in the OT's like I was hoping for.

Cale still had an amazing game. He just didn't cement the win this time.

Last edited:

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Hot take but Dallas will get absolutely steamrolled by the Canucks.

Within the first 5 minutes of game 1 JT Miller is going to run over Tanev and Tanev will be at 50% the rest of the series.

Reactions: katfude

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Between this and the Nuggets getting blasted by 45 points...

giphy.gif

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
I just feel like the Avs looked tired throughout this series. The lack of depth in the regular season, injuries, and goaltending struggles really made for a loooooooong year. It caught up to them IMHO.

That's what I thought as well. Avs just looked gassed. Playing OT at home should have been an advantage but the Avs didn't have much left in the tank.

Was a good season before the Nuke news. Felt like you had a chance at a cup. Second it was announced it felt like everybody knew it was over. Another year waiting on Landeskog as well Just brutal all alround.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
4m is pretty average for a 3C. Above average is Gourde. Colton was an xGF% of over 53% on the season. You’re just wrong here.
Sure whatever. You can cherry pick stats all you want.
He's cost us countless goals this year because he can't play center.

Mules

Jan 28, 2004
I’m thinking that it’s getting rare for a team to get second cup, with one core.
I think with parity, it’s difficult to repeat or even earn second cup.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom

Within the first 5 minutes of game 1 JT Miller is going to run over Tanev and Tanev will be at 50% the rest of the series.
I don’t think the Canucks will steamroll and Dallas likely still wins (more interesting if healthy Demko returns) but I don’t expect Tanev to make it out of that series alive

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

I think Dallas wipes the floor with either of those teams lol they're both not good. I mean it's f***ing Arturs Silovs against Calvin Pickard right now.

Reactions: Nihiliste
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I’m not sure true crash and bang players will ever really work here. Bednar consistently neuters the violence out of players that need to play with a mean streak. They play a semi-heavy forechecking system, but too often they are sending in 1 guy, that’s not going to work for your lower skill, high hustle guys

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Sure whatever. You can cherry pick stats all you want.
He's cost us countless goals this year because he can't play center.
You can’t back what you’re saying. He’s not an elite 3C, he’s just an average 3C… as he is paid to be.

Reactions: AvStock

katfude

Sep 25, 2015

I'm all in on Big Z lifting the cup this year

I’m not sure true crash and bang players will ever really work here. Bednar consistently neuters the violence out of players that need to play with a mean streak. They play a semi-heavy forechecking system, but too often they are sending in 1 guy, that’s not going to work for your lower skill, high hustle guys
Yet another reason i want a new coach. Someone who isn't afraid to let the hounds loose when the game calls for it

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
I think Dallas wipes the floor with either of those teams lol they're both not good. I mean it's f***ing Arturs Silovs against Calvin Pickard right now.
Counterpoint: Vancouver plays defense and forechecks. And their top line in Miller and Bowser have been very good and very physical.

Different look from the Avs.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
It was a great season that, like many of the recent playoff runs, was derailed by things completely out of their control. That's the biggest bummer in my eyes. The core is still good enough to compete, but MacFarland has his work cut out for him this summer.

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
Every forward on the team should do nothing but practice faceoffs this entire offseason. Seeing us get annihilated on the dot was maddening. If we’re being real, Dallas shoulda won in the first OT if not for a pretty bad GI call. And it was off of the cleanest faceoff win

Reactions: The Moops

Mules

Jan 28, 2004
I still want Nuke to be gone. He isn’t going to change the third time. Heck, he may not even finish his program this time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad