GDT: Avalanche vs Predators 11/20/23 (Emergency GDT) It's hunting season.

Best Leonardo DiCaprio movie?

• Titanic

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • The man in the iron mask

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Catch me if you can

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Gang's of New York

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The Departed

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Django unchained

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • The wolf of wall street

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • The Revenant

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Other (He's in a lot of stuff!) comment below

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Inception

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Ross truly is a third-line version of Kadri. Crazy board battler who creates a ton of offence....for himself. :laugh:
In a lot of ways I agree. I would like to see Colton with some legit talent on the wings... not just pure north south guys or lazy skill guys.
Quite a fall from grace.

Seems like criticism has been mostly directed towards forwards and D, but Georgiev is a huge reason why it’s been an up down stretch for a while now.

Frankly I think people overrated him last year. The Avs have shown that average goalies can succeed in the system... you can even give up some soft goals and pile up wins. You just can't do it every game like is happening now. It should correct in time, but we're basically talking clean up half the soft goals more than standing on his head.

A good starting goalie should be at least .900. This is not the numbers for a number 1 goalie on a team with stanley cup aspirations
I'd argue .910 is really the floor and maybe .915 with the Avs.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Didn't like Rantanen at all in the last few minutes. There is ZERO reason to have a 2.5 minute shift or whatever he had. You are the RW in the 3rd period with the near change. The bench is no more than 20 feet away from you.

The fact is he was looking to score an empty netter and pad his stats. It's not the first time he's done this. This is one of the first times he's been burned by it but you can't be that selfish. Piss poor by him and I hope Bednar laid into him for that.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
In a lot of ways I agree. I would like to see Colton with some legit talent on the wings... not just pure north south guys or lazy skill guys.

Frankly I think people overrated him last year. The Avs have shown that average goalies can succeed in the system... you can even give up some soft goals and pile up wins. You just can't do it every game like is happening now. It should correct in time, but we're basically talking clean up half the soft goals more than standing on his head.

I'd argue .910 is really the floor and maybe .915 with the Avs.
Oh yeah for sure , at first i wanted to write .910 but i decided to dial it down to .900

Reactions: henchman21

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
I think the Avs hang on and win this game if Rantanen doesn't over-extend his shift prior to the Predators 3rd goal.
Was going to write exactly this. Selfish play by Rantanen staying on the ice when there was an easy change, and it cost the tying goal. Maybe Professor Avgard has gotten into his ear and Mikko's been buying into the "greedment is good" theory.

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
Georgiev is not it, he needs to make a save once in a while. I don't care how. That's 9 out of his last 10 games he had a SV% less than .900. That's not even NHL backup numbers.
View attachment 771090
Georgiev’s expected save percentage is only 0,001 higher than his actual save percentage. He has been very average this season but small difference also tells that the Avs have been very crappy defensively and i rather dont want goalie to cover shitty defense because that isnt sustainable.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Georgiev’s expected save percentage is only 0,001 higher than his actual save percentage. He has been very average this season but small difference also tells that the Avs have been very crappy defensively and i rather dont want goalie to cover shitty defense because that isnt sustainable.
Not sure where you got those, but how the stats are calculated makes a difference. As an example, with Natural Stat Trick... George in all has a -5.80 GSAA, meaning and average goalie would have saved those goals. That would move him from .888 to .902. That's a pretty large difference. Additionally, George is currently at a -.40 GSAA/60. Meaning he gives up just under a half goal in excess per game. Of the goalies in the league who have played 450+ minutes this year, George ranks 31st (out of 38) in this area. Here are the names below him... Vanecek, Grubauer, Samsonov, Husso, Gustavsson, Fluery, and Skinner.

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
Not sure where you got those, but how the stats are calculated makes a difference. As an example, with Natural Stat Trick... George in all has a -5.80 GSAA, meaning and average goalie would have saved those goals. That would move him from .888 to .902. That's a pretty large difference. Additionally, George is currently at a -.40 GSAA/60. Meaning he gives up just under a half goal in excess per game. Of the goalies in the league who have played 450+ minutes this year, George ranks 31st (out of 38) in this area. Here are the names below him... Vanecek, Grubauer, Samsonov, Husso, Gustavsson, Fluery, and Skinner.
Those numbers are from moneypuck.com. I’d like to think that their calculation are more accurate because they track more things than Natural Stat Trick. In Moneypuck’s model Georgiev’s GSAA is only -0,4.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Those numbers are from moneypuck.com. I’d like to think that their calculation are more accurate because they track more things than Natural Stat Trick. In Moneypuck’s model Georgiev’s GSAA is only -0,4.
They use a different formula then… I wouldn’t say any are more or less accurate, just different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad