Pre-Game Talk: Avalanche vs Panthers 10/21/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Hoping to see the killer bees together again, sure as hell beats seeing Jokinen with Barkov. On the other hand also Flash-Pirri-Jokinen looked promising against Washington. Maybe some chemistry finally between the lines?

Good_Good.gif

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Ya Killer B's were good, as they were last year, don't know why it took so long for Gallant to figure that one out. I can't wait for Jokinen to finally get going. And I want Ekblad to hammer his first home.

These long delays in between games is killing me. We play Tuesday, then not again until Saturday. :(

Though I guess it's better that way being on the road.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Let's see who Avs dress as a goalie. Maybe Roy suits up one last time.
O lines should be interesting but it is pretty clear the Bs still like playing with each other very much.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
The Avs really haven't got going.

So they will either blow us out by winning 6-1. Or we win in OT 2-1. I'll make a firm decision on game day!

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I think this is certainly a winnable game with their goaltending woes at the moment and they're not sitting well at 1-4-1. They're having similar issues with offense as we are with only 9 goals in 6 games. The key for us obviously is to make your shots count. I thought we played a great 3rd period and overtime in Washington and that exact style of play and intensity has to keep up.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Looks like practice line are:

Bergy-Barkov-Boyes
Hubey-Bjugs-Upshall
Flash-#Pirricane-Jussi
Kopy-DMac-Thornton

Bolland still out.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Prediction:

Barkov will pass the puck laterally to a teammate and coach Gallant will bench him the rest of the game.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Ya Killer B's were good, as they were last year, don't know why it took so long for Gallant to figure that one out. I can't wait for Jokinen to finally get going. And I want Ekblad to hammer his first home.

It's understandable imo, Barkov is the best center so you want him to be between the two best wingers. He sticked to it for 3 games (one in which that line scored) and changed during the fourth game. It's that long of a wait.

oOwlCat

FL > TN
Jun 24, 2010
Nashville, TN
Excited to watch this game. I think it will be another tight one!

Steve Goldstein @goldieonice · 23m 23 minutes ago
#FlaPanthers practice today in Denver
Vs Avs tomorrow, 9 pm FoxsportsFlorida
20 16 24
11 27 19
14 73 36
82 17 22/12
33 7
51 5
4 44

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Re: Avs goaltending, Berra should be good to start, if not it will be rookie Calvin Pickard. The Avs are an odd team, lethal offensively (but haven't got it going yet) but their defense is laughably bad, win or lose Florida will score more than 1. This has been their defense so far:

pk-subban-but.gif

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Not one guy on the Avs challenged PK. He basically did whatever he wanted to do and the goalie was helpless. Basically what PK wanted to do was use some serious skill to get the goal. That move was remarkable thanks to the Avs not d-ing up on PK. Absolutely sick.

Actually it's a variation of Huberdeau's go-to move. Just a different angle.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Not one guy on the Avs challenged PK. He basically did whatever he wanted to do and the goalie was helpless. Basically what PK wanted to do was use some serious skill to get the goal. That move was remarkable thanks to the Avs not d-ing up on PK. Absolutely sick.

Actually it's a variation of Huberdeau's go-to move. Just a different angle.

The one guy fell, but no one backchecked to pick up his man lol. Their defense is apparently Barrie and Jovo circa 2014 x5.

Is Aittokallio still up? Haven't seen him play in ages, would be interesting to see.

Was the backup on Saturday, I think Berra will be back though, Pickard the backup. Wasn't Aittokallio supposed to be somewhat promising?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Was the backup on Saturday, I think Berra will be back though, Pickard the backup. Wasn't Aittokallio supposed to be somewhat promising?
Ilves never really gave him a proper chance to stick with the big team, seems he did alright last year in the AHL.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I was hoping he'd be on Juggs RW.

Love Upshall on the 3rd or 4th line, less so on the 2nd.

I'd love to see Huberdeau-Bjugstad-Pirri as a line. That could be lethal. But I think Hayes on that line in Pirri's spot could be pretty good, too. I'm starting to regret the Thornton signing. Nothing against him, I think he does his job fine, but he's just taking a spot away from one of the kids right now.

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
I'd love to see Huberdeau-Bjugstad-Pirri as a line. That could be lethal. But I think Hayes on that line in Pirri's spot could be pretty good, too. I'm starting to regret the Thornton signing. Nothing against him, I think he does his job fine, but he's just taking a spot away from one of the kids right now.

The much-vaunted Huberdeau-Bjugstad-Pirri combo is being saved for when we're really desperate.

GG will yell "Release the Kraken!" before he sends them over the boards.

Really though, if we keep not scoring I hope they give that a go.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
The much-vaunted Huberdeau-Bjugstad-Pirri combo is being saved for when we're really desperate.

GG will yell "Release the Kraken!" before he sends them over the boards.

Really though, if we keep not scoring I hope they give that a go.

It'll be the Panthers' equivalent of the Flying V. The other team will have no idea what hit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad