Pre-Game Talk: Avalanche @ Senators (Thurs 7:30pm - Home Opener!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Hrm. I'm not overly bothered, but I would rather see these two bottom lines:

Michalek - Lazar - Condra
Smith - Legwand - Neil

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I must say, it warms my heart to see fellow Sens fans starting to question the intelligence of Maclean...or lack there of.

After taking a thorough bashing for questioning it before, I'm starting to feel vindicated. Yay!

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Man, reading this tread makes me think the thread title should be "pre-game talk: avs @ sens | mcdavid to sens confirmed"

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Having Greening in over Hoffman or Lazar in over Condra is not going to make or break this line-up. Realistically speaking I trust Greening more defensively than Hoffman, and Hoffman hasn't been able to produce really in the line-up anyway. Our season is going to be riding on our goalies and abilities to limit our defensive mistakes so these very minor changes aren't a big deal and I don't really understand why people are taking out the pitchforks on MacLean over them.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Guys, we talkin' bout practice. Not the game, not the game. I know its important, I do. I honestly do. But we talkin' bout practice, man. What are we talkin' bout? Practice? We talkin' bout practice man. We talk... We talkin' bout practice. We talkin' bout practice. We ain't talkin' bout the game, we talkin' bout practice, man.

No need to overreact to a practice lineup that may or may not be the lineup we use against the Avs.

Wiercioch2Karlsson

Sep 13, 2010
Greening cant be traded if he's a constant healthy scratch?

Actually, this is probably pretty close to reality. Condra is staying on this team, and he isn't getting worse by sitting. You know exactly what you are going to get from him night in and night out.

Greening is playing, IMO, because we need to get some clarity on our roster going forward. We need to make an educated decision about his play this year before deciding what to do with him.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Some decisions are management decisions. Greening was just signed to a fat new contract. Neither Murray nor Melnyk will be pleased at a buy out or having him earn that money in Bingo.
They have to get him going either to play for the Sens or part of a trade or even outright salary dump.Another team will have to feel it makes sense to pay him that much even if the Sens get nothing in return.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
lazar is a better center than zach smith, same goes for pageau, heck same goes for derek grant. someone save legwand.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I must say, it warms my heart to see fellow Sens fans starting to question the intelligence of Maclean...or lack there of.

After taking a thorough bashing for questioning it before, I'm starting to feel vindicated. Yay!

We also don't know how much direction is coming down from team management.

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
I'd rather see Lazar in centre and Smith on the wing. Putting him in his natural position would give us a better idea of where he is at right now.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
We also don't know how much direction is coming down from team management.

And we don't know how much gm decisions come from ownership. And sometimes we don't even know if player decisions come from coach.

That's why it's stupid when people get offensive on here vs coach or gm. They don't have enough information, all they have is a guess.

It seems like common sense to me that greening is playing because of a few reasons that have nothing to do with merit.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
i really don't see what people see in hoffman

his game just doesn't translate that well

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
lazar is a better center than zach smith, same goes for pageau, heck same goes for derek grant. someone save legwand.

lazar is a better center then smith? not so sure about that ...lazar has played 2 nhl games

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
The Avs will be hungry for a win. We need to deprive them for another day so they devour the Habs like Tampa did.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Thinking about it more it makes sense to have Smith playing centre. He's very good there. Lazar is just as good at RW as he is at C. a Michalek - Smith - Lazar line could actually be pretty good if Michalek stops fumbling the puck.

We've been playing well so far so I think it's a little early to start criticizing MacLean right now.

My ideal line-up (also in terms of ice-time) would be:

MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Ryan - Zibanejad - Chiasson
Hoffman - Smith - Lazar
Greening - Legwand - Neil

Right now anyway. That said as long as the top 6 remains the same I don't think much shuffling of the bottom 6 is going to hurt until they find some chemistry. If Zibanejad doesn't start producing I would also give Smith a shot there because he has proven in the past that he can work with skilled players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad