GDT: Avalanche @ Hawks 8pm 2/29/24 ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I’m extremely concerned that Davidson is willing to just sign the RFAs and call it an offseason.

You cannot do this to your generational talent for another season. It doesn’t have to be perfect but go get some actual NHL talent.
I mean a couple of us have mentioned that tearing it down is the easy part. Bedard was lucky. Jury is still out on a lot of guys.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I’m extremely concerned that Davidson is willing to just sign the RFAs and call it an offseason.

You cannot do this to your generational talent for another season. It doesn’t have to be perfect but go get some actual NHL talent.
There are wingers this offseason to sign
Toffoli/eberle

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I mean a couple of us have mentioned that tearing it down is the easy part. Bedard was lucky. Jury is still out on a lot of guys.
I’m with you. But we didn’t have much of choice, Stan boned us. Now it’s time for Kyle to earn his money

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Tearing it down is the easy part

This is nothing that remotely resembles an NHL roster

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

If Hall and Athanasiou were healthy the talent gap wouldn't be this stark.

Reactions: Pez68

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020

Let’s not forget that being this bad/devoid of talent wasn’t necessarily the plan. This team was supposed to get meaningful contributions from Hall, Athanasiou, and Perry and Reichel looked like he’d be ready to establish himself

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
1.No lo contendere....
2..Went according to plan...easy rout for Avs...
3.Glad I did not waste time watching this game
..more entertainment from watching So Help Me Tood and Masterchef Australia (2021)instead of this farce of the Rafters vs.The Basement.

4.The good news=ONLY 22 more frustrations to endure before the bliss of not having to watch anymore of this dreadful team lose again and again and again as nauseum horrendous fashion.
Opps I forgot .. therevisxalso 182 gamescof utter despair to watch with the equally dreadful White Sox. Wake me up in 4-6yeatsxwhen both travertine claiming to be able to compete finally can compete.. till then best to spend your valuable time watching something else...or you may just lose your sanity

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Let’s not forget that being this bad/devoid of talent wasn’t necessarily the plan. This team was supposed to get meaningful contributions from Hall, Athanasiou, and Perry and Reichel looked like he’d be ready to establish himself
That was a team always still expected to be this bad. We expected to be worse goaltending and defensively and do more of offense, but that's about the only shift.

All summer I thought those who didn't see this as a tank roster still, a roster clearly eprse than last year's roster, were silly. Other threads had Toews called washed for having 11pts in 19 games... no doubt if Toews was even at his late last season easily tired out play, he'd be the 3rd best skater on this team behind Bedard and Vlasic.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Post-Game Radio said the Hawks players all agreed that Reese Johnson would most likely win if all the Hawks roster were placed in the Hunger Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad