GDT: Avalanche @ Hawks 8pm 2/29/24 ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
If Hall and Athanasiou were healthy the talent gap wouldn't be this stark.
Hall and Athanasiou missing basically the whole year and Perry doing whatever he did a fifth of the way into the season was a bit of bad luck. Add in Reichel being a complete dud this season and all of that that created a less than ideal environment for Bedard thus far... the bright side is even with all that, he's still managed to do well. Hopefully next season the luck in the "expected top 6 wingers" department bounces the other way and Bedard can have a steady linemate along with some decent options and watch him really take him off. I'm not raising any alarms or thinking the Hawks should go around offering up their picks or committing 7 years or anything drastic just because there's some frustration.

By the way, SGPs that fade the Blackhawks are a nice way to smooth any frustrations of watching the current roster. ;)

He'd lie down on 294 to win a hockey game. Reese is all heart. All gas no brakes.

He's just really bad.
Even better, the post-game guy said he mentioned it to Reese in passing and he was like "yeah, I agree, I've definitely thought about it"

So in addition to that, he's the guy who broods on how he could murder all his teammates if it ever got to that.

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
Beauvelier can skate. Dude can wheel. That's all he can do. He's awful with Bedard. LuRich isn't doing himself any favors.
Beauvelier is useless. Which can be said for so many Hawks. And no, Hall nor AA would have made much difference in how this season has turned out.

Reactions: Pez68

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
They are trying to get anything for Beauvillier at the deadline playing him with Bedard. That was the most shocking game of the season for the contrast between Bedard and everyone else on the team. He played awesome. He needs some help in the offseason.

Playing Korchinski with Megna isnt great either. Not that they have any other options.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Get this season the f*** over with already.

And for the love of God, don't go beating up on the other shit teams down the stretch. Solidify that dead last spot and look on to next season. Bedard needs help.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Loved the interview with "Mouth" Foligno near the ice last night.

Q: "what is your team's identity?" (or something along those lines)
A: "We just have to blah blah blah hockey words, bleh blah bleh".

Just nonsense. Richardson has had close to two years and this team can't even describe themselves as a opossum (play dead for a little while and then skate for a few minutes), as Rocky (all the heart and none of the tools), or as anything respectable.

Shut him up and let somebody will step up, let it happen instead of forcing it with this guy. Nothing else to lose.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
They are trying to get anything for Beauvillier at the deadline playing him with Bedard. That was the most shocking game of the season for the contrast between Bedard and everyone else on the team. He played awesome. He needs some help in the offseason.

Playing Korchinski with Megna isnt great either. Not that they have any other options.
Only other option for KK right now is Jones, and I guess Hawks are opting for the "let's have at least one real D pair" out there approach. I don't think Jones and KK are an ideal mix together as is.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The problem is that the Hawks are so poorly constructed that while it's undeniable that Bedard is one of the most valuable players to any team, even if he wasn't here we'd still be laughably bad.

He'll get the Calder despite hand-wringing from Wild fans and we can save his Hart for 3+ years from now.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Donato has absolutely no finesse to his game. Never a moment spared to think ahead of the play.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Donato has absolutely no finesse to his game. Never a moment spared to think ahead of the play.
That 2 on 1 he had with someone, I forget who, he just like stopped skating.. didn't pass, didn't shoot. Just nothing.

He skates like he has f***ing concrete blocks on his feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad