GDT: AVALANCHE (7-8-1) @ DUCKS (12-2-1) 5:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2012
Happy to see P&G scoring

Congrats to Perry for becoming the 10th Duck this season to score at least 4 goals. :laugh: Weird, but i like it.

I didn`t saw the game, so a few questions:

1. How did Holland looked? Looks like a good night in the FO circle.
2. Also how did Palms played? He sees reduced ice time lately. Is that 4th line any good?
3. Bobby with 6 hits?
4. Lovejoy with over 20 minutes of ice time. How did he played?

Overall, i`m happy for the win. We did had 5 days off, which is a lot and it should be pretty hard for them to jump right back on the NHL level. Even if it`s Avs and their defense, which is horrible this year.
We started our succesfull roadtrip against the Avs and now we start a cruical week - 5 games in 7 nights.

I thought Holland looked average. He didn't make any mistakes, but he didn't do anything great either. Palmieri was actually really good tonight, I thought. He was buzzing around out there and was pretty dangerous. Lovejoy was probably our second best defenseman, he was winning battles down low all night.

Nikko*

Hurts more because of the way Perry got away with slashing Zanon's stick out of his hands and then scoring on it... only to fake a slashed stick and score again.

I hate it when ****** officiating dictates a game.

Am I the only one who saw Boner's stick break? I had to rewind a few times to show my girlfriend why it was a penalty so I definitely saw it snap. It was one of those weird ones where he gets chopped on top of the stick but the fracture happens from the bottom up, so after it broke gravity caused it to appear to be straight again. Random ass composite sticks. The Perry slash, however, is just a blown call. But Zanon's got to hold that thing tighter in that situation... you can never put all your trust in a backside referee to make that call in that situation.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I thought Holland looked average. He didn't make any mistakes, but he didn't do anything great either. Palmieri was actually really good tonight, I thought. He was buzzing around out there and was pretty dangerous. Lovejoy was probably our second best defenseman, he was winning battles down low all night.

Ben Loveniedermayerjoy :sarcasm:

Force951

Jul 17, 2009
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Am I the only one who saw Boner's stick break? I had to rewind a few times to show my girlfriend why it was a penalty so I definitely saw it snap. It was one of those weird ones where he gets chopped on top of the stick but the fracture happens from the bottom up, so after it broke gravity caused it to appear to be straight again. Random ass composite sticks. The Perry slash, however, is just a blown call. But Zanon's got to hold that thing tighter in that situation... you can never put all your trust in a backside referee to make that call in that situation.

I was at the game and it was pretty easy to see his stick break.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I hope we extend Lovejoy for another year.

:nod:

But...what do with Lindholm? (oopa eenok style)

Fowler-Allen
Beauchemin-Souray
Lovejoy-Sbisa

Another year of development? Remember, he did originally come over to NA because he thought he'd get the pro tryout at Ducks camp.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
:nod:

But...what do with Lindholm? (oopa eenok style)

Fowler-Allen
Beauchemin-Souray
Lovejoy-Sbisa

Another year of development? Remember, he did originally come over to NA because he thought he'd get the pro tryout at Ducks camp.

It's possible Lindholm could make the team next year as a bottom pairing guy and Lovejoy becomes the new 6/7 a la Brookbank.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I know Murray thinks otherwise but I'd prefer not handing out extensions to guys who haven't even played 10 games with the team yet.
He would not get an extension akin to Fasth's. Fasth got that extension after he showed that he could play at the same level in the NHL as he had the past few years in Sweden. Lovejoy would get a contract in line with a number 7. Think Brookbank.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Lovejoy would be the best #6/7 defenseman we've ever had. I'm all for resigning him if he's comfortable with a role that involves many healthy scratches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad