GDT: Austria vs. Great Britain

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Golden chance on the PP for GB with...Heinrich on the PK...next shift Raffl on the PK and they get 4 shots on goal in one possession.

Sorry but what is this bullshit. The PK is supposed to have defensively responsible players on it.

Munakandas

May 26, 2021
I BELIEVE
NOW I BELIEVE... That GB will win.

Going in I was nervous (am British). GB always have game in them. Worried we had had that game having pushed Norway and Latvia. But GB are playing well so far.

Even game though. Looks like in will come down to the the fine margins and a bit of luck.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
That was such a joke haha. I can't believe it. Literally watching that PK. Zundel is everywhere. He's flying into the corner with this guy, then he fronts this guy, then he ties up this guy, then he blocks this shot.

Heinrich is just standing there. The puck floats to him once and he doesn't clear. Then he stands there more. Star player. I don't know why he doesn't play more minutes.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
it is not Heinrich's fault that he plays the PK... he should play Yandle minutes. Coach should select the right team, make sure best players are playing.

Bader should have been gone after 2019, if he isn't gone now, hopefully we never get out of D1A.

Reactions: kabidjan18

aquaregia

May 23, 2022
Lancashire
NOW I BELIEVE... That GB will win.

Going in I was nervous (am British). GB always have game in them. Worried we had had that game having pushed Norway and Latvia. But GB are playing well so far.

Even game though. Looks like in will come down to the the fine margins and a bit of luck.
Question is are we going to be fit enough and hold discipline for long enough to see it out.
Nerves are gonna be jangling if our PK gets tested in the last 10 minutes needing to protect a one goal lead; we're probably gonna have to find a second goal next period.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Duuude.... This isn't funny anymore.

Well that's as close to kicking as you are going to get without it being obvious...

Munakandas

May 26, 2021
Biased but disagree. Not a clear cut call either way. But the only movement was rotational because of pressure from the defender.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
The thing that annoys me is that Bader fans will point to WC success and say "look, Bader knows what he is doing because he plays these young guys. The club coaches don't know what they are doing."

It's not like Bader knows what he's doing. At best he lucked into a good youth crop. I would agree with the proposition that club coaches recognize change too slowly. For example, Kilian Zundel being perpetually behind Alexander Pallestrang in the lineup in Salzburg. It's not a secret that Zundel is better, either among the players, or scouts who watch the team, or even the Ambri staff who signed him to a multi-year contract. Club coaches can make mistakes.

But it would be improper to assume that Bader is wiser than that. Because he had Pallestrang on the OGQ lineup ahead of Zundel as well and but if Pallestrang opted for the WC, he might have him above Zundel in this tournament as well. He anchored Ganahl to the top line which led to the penalty in the first place because Ganahl, who is two way forward and not a top lines guy, rammed the British goalie. And that killed what was a promising possession where Kasper had a great setup for Haudum. He anchored Raffl to Schnieder and Nissner so now those two players can't get anything going. He anchored Lebler to Wukovits and Huber, like how are we supposed to score? There are players who are simply so slow they can never catch up to the puck.

From top to bottom, we are too married to our veterans, even when they have failed us over and over and they are obviously failing in front of our eyes over and over...

Munakandas

May 26, 2021
Question is are we going to be fit enough and hold discipline for long enough to see it out.
Nerves are gonna be jangling if our PK gets tested in the last 10 minutes needing to protect a one goal lead; we're probably gonna have to find a second goal next period.
Hopefully they learnt some lessons from the Latvia game and cut out most of the the ill-discipline and bone headedness. I still can't get my head around why Conway thought the crosscheck would be a good idea...

Munakandas

May 26, 2021
Very bad second period from Austria so far Starkbaum pretty much single handedly keepikg Austria in it

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
OMG. Is it happening again? GB pulling through when it matters?

aquaregia

May 23, 2022
Lancashire
Was just going to say Austria were beginning to find their feet in the last 7 minutes of the period. Could get very squidgy for us if they can keep growing into the game.
If only we had Kirk for one of those breakaways...

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
Forward with the most ice time: Thomas Raffl.
Forward with the second most ice time: Manuel Ganahl.
Defenseman with the second most ice time: Dominique Heinrich.

If and when we lose, let them not say that it was because the boys let us down...

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I wasn't following his situation much but wouldn't Baumgartner be like the 2nd best offensive forward on the team at moments like this?

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
Was just thinking that the difference between Austrian and British competition is not overly large based on how they fare in the CHL for example. Austria's been better in the tournament so far but they were made way too big favorites for this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad