Marlon Tschofen - Mathias Böhm - Luca Muigg
Maximilian Agerer

Martin Urbanek - Lukas Necesany
Daniel Hintermann - Christoph Tialler
Lorenz Lindner - Franz Hackl
Lukas Hörl

Sebastian Wraneschitz
Leon Sommer
That first line should be fun to watch but this team is probably getting relegated. Unless of course, Peterka, Reichel and Stutzle are unavailable for the Germans.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Post-Latvia, my personal opinion on what the lines should be. Not a prediction on what they will be.

Leon Wallner - Marco Kasper - Senna Peeters
Mathias Bohm - Luca Auer - Vinzenz Rohrer
Oskar Maier - Lucas Thaler - Janick Wernicke
Marlon Tschofen - Finn Van Ee - Nico Kramer
Johannes Tschurnig

Tobias Sablattnig - Lukas Horl
David Reinbacher - Christoph Tialler
Matteo Mitrovic - Lukas Necesany
Maximilian Preiml - Lorenz Lindner
Simon Reder

Sebastian Wraneschitz
Leon Sommer
Lukas Moser

Thoughts: I don't think Mark Mussbacher and Jonas Dobnig are ready. Martin Urbanek and David Cernik are the wrong concept. The little offense that they can muster against teams like Denmark and Latvia they are just never going to have against top teams. But the mistakes that they make that result in goals against will be amplified. The games will likely already have drastic scores, the other players are not perfect either. But these two are the type of players who, given enough ice time, could push the difference into the double digits. Cernik has the benefit of being young, he has promise, he's just not ready.

I really did like what I saw from Johannes Tschurnig, I put him in there as a 13th forward maybe to get some offensively-oriented time. Super promising kid, only 04' born, he was better able to hold his own physically than most of the other 04' born guys but I don't think that will be the case against top level players. Same concept as Cernik. For my bottom 6 I'd opt for guys like Kramer, Van Ee, Tschofen, perhaps less offensively potential but they can kill the clock better. Maybe the 04' guys are more promising long term but right now they are very green.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
This is neither here nor there. I've heard that they're thinking of playing Rohrer at LW on the top line with Kasper and Peeters rather than Wallner. So he may not be a top liner? I'm not sure. I think it makes more sense with Wallner on the top line. Natural LW.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
This is neither here nor there. I've heard that they're thinking of playing Rohrer at LW on the top line with Kasper and Peeters rather than Wallner. So he may not be a top liner? I'm not sure. I think it makes more sense with Wallner on the top line. Natural LW.

Rohrer takes a ton of faceoffs for Ottawa in the OHL, is he really a winger?

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I forgot that Marco Rossi is a couple months too old. Was hoping to see him in action at the WJC.

I'll be watching Marco Kasper and rooting for this team anyways.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Post-Latvia, my personal opinion on what the lines should be. Not a prediction on what they will be.

Leon Wallner - Marco Kasper - Senna Peeters
Mathias Bohm - Luca Auer - Vinzenz Rohrer
Oskar Maier - Lucas Thaler - Janick Wernicke
Marlon Tschofen - Finn Van Ee - Nico Kramer
Johannes Tschurnig

Tobias Sablattnig - Lukas Horl
David Reinbacher - Christoph Tialler
Matteo Mitrovic - Lukas Necesany
Maximilian Preiml - Lorenz Lindner
Simon Reder

Sebastian Wraneschitz
Leon Sommer
Lukas Moser

Thoughts: I don't think Mark Mussbacher and Jonas Dobnig are ready. Martin Urbanek and David Cernik are the wrong concept. The little offense that they can muster against teams like Denmark and Latvia they are just never going to have against top teams. But the mistakes that they make that result in goals against will be amplified. The games will likely already have drastic scores, the other players are not perfect either. But these two are the type of players who, given enough ice time, could push the difference into the double digits. Cernik has the benefit of being young, he has promise, he's just not ready.

I really did like what I saw from Johannes Tschurnig, I put him in there as a 13th forward maybe to get some offensively-oriented time. Super promising kid, only 04' born, he was better able to hold his own physically than most of the other 04' born guys but I don't think that will be the case against top level players. Same concept as Cernik. For my bottom 6 I'd opt for guys like Kramer, Van Ee, Tschofen, perhaps less offensively potential but they can kill the clock better. Maybe the 04' guys are more promising long term but right now they are very green.
How about now? Do you see any player changes for the summer tournament? Ian Scherzer and Jonas Dobnig perhaps?

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
Scherzer is not out of the realm of possibility. Dobnig absolutely not.

Max Preiml should probably be in over Lorenz Lindner. Patrick Sollinger has an argument.

I'm still convinced that Urbanek should be the 7th D for PP only, if at all, but I'm sure that he will be a first pairing defenseman with 20 minutes a game.

Don't play a drinking game where you take a sip every time Austria gets scored on...

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
Just as Heinrich retires, Urbanek might be extending the agony for @kabidjan18 :D
At the junior level he will be for sure haha.

We had Alpo Suhonen as sport director for 5 years, and then Roger Bader after that. So we got a real, premature, jump on the whole "hockey is gravitating towards skill" movement, which itself was premature to begin with. The Erik Karlsson and skating craze that has now somewhat died down hit hardest in Austria.

He needs to make it in his club first for consideration for the NT, but my understanding is that the OEHV brass is very excited about him, so it might take less persuading than it should...

GuiLef14

Apr 25, 2022
Vienna
wings didn't let kasper go, or was that his choice?
It was his choice after a long last season. Coaches and staff fully understand it. With Rohrer it was a bit different. So our two best players are missing. But at least we can't be relegated, so we'll see both of them once again on the top level in December.

Leon Wallner took the spot as first line center in the last pre-tournament game against Czechia.

Reactions: neelynugs

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
It was his choice after a long last season. Coaches and staff fully understand it. With Rohrer it was a bit different. So our two best players are missing. But at least we can't be relegated, so we'll see both of them once again on the top level in December.

Leon Wallner took the spot as first line center in the last pre-tournament game against Czechia.
what was the situation with rohrer?

GuiLef14

Apr 25, 2022
Vienna
He also decided not to participate and rather go on vacation. But rumors are, that the austrian hockey federation wasn't that pleased with his decision.

But I could imagine that he would have decided otherwise, if this tournament wouldn't be meaningless (in terms of relegation). Because Rohrer is a pretty determined kid too with the right mindset. So no big deal, he'll be back in December with the team.

Reactions: neelynugs

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
He also decided not to participate and rather go on vacation. But rumors are, that the austrian hockey federation wasn't that pleased with his decision.

But I could imagine that he would have decided otherwise, if this tournament wouldn't be meaningless (in terms of relegation). Because Rohrer is a pretty determined kid too with the right mindset. So no big deal, he'll be back in December with the team.
interesting. hard to blame the kid. do you know who the captains are? urbanek seems like a leader.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Two high points? Szcherzer (sp?) and I’d like to see this goaltender play in a really competitive game, with a stronger team in front of him. He wasn’t spectacular but he’s pretty solid. When you lose 6-0 and can’t really be blamed for any of the goals, that says something. Kid took alot of rubber today.

Reactions: Statsy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad