Confirmed with Link: Auston Matthews voted to the 2023 NHL All Star Game

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Most teams dont want this for ther best players , better to let them rest. Leaf fans should have gone together an vote in Simmonds .

Reactions: 123offtheglass

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Should've been Willy and Matthews, but this isn't really an all star game anymore.

It's a showcase for kids to get them excited with the sport, and Marner and Matthews are better showcases.
Yeah. Maybe you missed all the records Marner broke this year. Not that I care but it pretty tough to see a player who's run up a home point streak not seen in the nhl for 25 years not get selected to the all star game.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Hot take:

Auston will pull the chute for health reasons opening the door for sexual Willie to go.

20230117_190933.jpg

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Only positive of Matthews going is how salty Habs and Sens fans are that Caulfield/Stutzle aren't going when they spent weeks voting for them and they had massive leads in the "fan vote".

NHL ultimately told them to pound sand and sent the more popular and deserving player anyway.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Only positive of Matthews going is how salty Habs and Sens fans are that Caulfield/Stutzle aren't going when they spent weeks voting for them and they had massive leads in the "fan vote".

NHL ultimately told them to pound sand and sent the more popular and deserving player anyway.

This is funny and I agree, but I also wish he’d just nope it and get some rest, this is his sixth(!) time.

The first two were probably amazing, the next two were like ‘okay I’ve gotta do this, get some extra opportunities for dough and by now he’s like ‘this bullshit again…’.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
True, but Willy could use the rest too.

I think people who watched a lot of the games would lean slightly towards Nylander, but a lot of others would just pick the big name.
For the league, it is better than Matthews is there.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Kinda lame that Nylander was snubbed. Matthews is a bigger name but I think Willy deserved it over him with his performance to date.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

Can you image the reigning Hart Trophy, Ted Lindsay Award, and 2x Rocket Richard Trophy winner not being voted into the All Star Game, because Montreal and Ottawa fans think that Caulfield and Stutzle deserve it more than him.

Reactions: Smif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad