Auston Matthews goal total projection 22/23

how many goals does Auston Matthews score this season?

• Total voters

mapleleafslaughssame

May 20, 2022
If he plays the way he did last year and doesn’t miss games he could definitely hit 60 again. I would say he hits 50-55 forsure though.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
If he plays the way he did last year and doesn’t miss games he could definitely hit 60 again. I would say he hits 50-55 forsure though.
If he plays like last year and is healthy he hits 70. 60 looks impressive but Auston's play last year was better than that

Since November 1st: 67 games: 59 goals - 45 assists - 104 points

If it wasn't for wrist surgery and no training camp getting him off to a slow start (1 goal in his first 6 games) this would've been a legendary year. I don't expect him to play like this again next year, but if he does it'll be 70+

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I'll go with 50+.

60 goals is just such a difficult feat in the modern NHL - with goalies that can actually stop pucks that slide along the ice.

Even this generation's other best goal scorers were only able to hit 60 once each.

We may have already seen the peak season of Matthews' career.

Imo Matthews isn't the same generation as Ovechkin at all though.

Scoring is way higher in the past few seasons and Ovechkin played in some fo the worst scoring season if I recall correctly.

It seems like the era of one 50-goal scorer per season is over. I went with 50-54 but wouldn't surprise me if Matthews hits 60 again if he plays healthy for a full yesr.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
55. He's got two more years to rack up as many Rockets as he can, because Bedard and Michkov are coming and nobody else is going to win that award for a while.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Imo Matthews isn't the same generation as Ovechkin at all though.

Scoring is way higher in the past few seasons and Ovechkin played in some fo the worst scoring season if I recall correctly.

It seems like the era of one 50-goal scorer per season is over. I went with 50-54 but wouldn't surprise me if Matthews hits 60 again if he plays healthy for a full yesr.
The point is, 60 goal scorers are very rare. The modern NHL has had 3 60 goal seasons.

I think Bedard will be a stud. Assuming he's a better shooter than the current best goal scorer in the NHL is a stretch.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad