Auston Matthews Discussion VII:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Barkov also spends 2 minutes a game killing penalties.

if that team wasn't so shallow at forward barkov wouldn't need to be used on the PK or at least that much on the PK. Why would we want Matthews on the PK? other than it can stop other fans saying "he's not that good doesn't even PK" I see no benefit

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
if that team wasn't so shallow at forward barkov wouldn't need to be used on the PK or at least that much on the PK. Why would we want Matthews on the PK? other than it can stop other fans saying "he's not that good doesn't even PK" I see no benefit
Yup I agree. Was just trying to provide more context into why Barkov's minutes are so high. That being said I do wish Matthews got more PP time but our first unit seems to be a lot better than the second.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Yup I agree. Was just trying to provide more context into why Barkov's minutes are so high. That being said I do wish Matthews got more PP time but our first unit seems to be a lot better than the second.

yeah wasn't having a go at you, just saying we shouldn't want him to pk. I agree Matthews unit should start especially late in games, he is a game winner with the intense desire to win he should be first over the boards for a late game PP where we need to tie it or win it. I think it doesn't matter which unit goes out first they are more likely to score a lot of the time we score before the 2nd unit gets a shift, I think that is due to offensive talent and either unit would score the same

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
We're a deep team, but Matthews is so good that he needs to be playing 20 minutes a night regardless.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
We're a deep team, but Matthews is so good that he needs to be playing 20 minutes a night regardless.
I don't care if Matthews plays 18 minutes a night, but he should be playing with talent that maximizes his offensive potential. If that's really Hyman then fine, but I suspect that JVR would be a better fit

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I don't care if Matthews plays 18 minutes a night, but he should be playing with talent that maximizes his offensive potential. If that's really Hyman then fine, but I suspect that JVR would be a better fit

even if JVR is I cant see us resigning him, so putting him there takes away form gaining chemistry with a long term player, if its not hyman that is but I suspect babcock thinks hyman and Matthews have developed excellent chemistry already

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
even if JVR is I cant see us resigning him, so putting him there takes away form gaining chemistry with a long term player, if its not hyman that is but I suspect babcock thinks hyman and Matthews have developed excellent chemistry already
it would up his value so we could trade him though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad