Auston Matthews 69 goals in 81 games, most goals scored since Lemieux in 1995-96

BTP

Apr 28, 2013

Imagine hitting 70 with THIS? This would have been a f***ing all time goal. Im sick. Mannnn.
So f***ing close.. 69 goals with 20 POSTS + 2 DISALLOWED GOALS.

Incredible.

Last edited:

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Not a leafs fan but I wanted to watch it happen. I don't normally watch leafs games but I watched that one just to see him hit the milestone live.

Frankly a little disappointed he fell short but I was glad to at least witness kucherovs 100 assist live. Pretty cool achievement

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
It's a bit stupid to write this about a guy who just won his third Rocket and had his second 60+ goal season, but there is some sort of "unclutch" sensation about him? McD and Kucherov got their 100 assits, but I had a feeling Matthews would fail. Don't know that it is...

Calderon

Mar 24, 2006
It's a bit stupid to write this about a guy who just won his third Rocket and had his second 60+ goal season, but there is some sort of "unclutch" sensation about him? McD and Kucherov got their 100 assits, but I had a feeling Matthews would fail. Don't know that it is...
Ovi was able to score a goal against the Flyers without even making a shot. Matthews takes, what, 20 shot attempts and can't get one in? Come on, we know what's what.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Mapel leafs so concerned about one players accomplishments they threw away 2 points… just what You like too see going into PLAYOFFS

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
It really doesn't matter. Leaf fans will spin Matthews into a 70 goal scorer going forward regardless of his actual scoring accomplishment.

ABCUser

Mar 9, 2016
Tavares could've easily of done a shot pass to the wide open Matthew's right in front of the net. Instead, (Of Course), worries about himself first and scores. Did anyone see Matthews face after that? Honestly, Tavares has to be the worst Captain ever!

Reactions: ACLEVERNAME

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

It’s easier to pass to 1 of 4 guys than to be the one to score.

In a game that meant nothing, everyone knew the Leafs were playing for Matthews 70th and both Tampa and Florida swarmed him to ensure he didn’t get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad