Auld

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Russian_fanatic, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Russian_fanatic

Russian_fanatic Registered User

Why is he he so hyper I don't see anything special in him all I see is a career ECHL starter goaltender he has never made a big save , always giving up 2 or 3 goals in a game , he stinks . Why is he so hyped .

2. xtra

xtra Registered User

Home Page:

Well obviously you know nothing about hockey as he is already a Starter in the AHL and has posted some very respectable numbers. Secondly he is not hyped at all this might be the first post i have ever seen about him on the boards. and i am pretty sure that most teams would take a goalie that only gives up 2 goals a game.

When you learn your hockey facts and are not a troll then please post something worthwhile.

3. Russian_fanatic

When has he ever come up big for his team tell me that ? Huh he sucks no offence to the Canucks fans , he just doesn't get my attention IMO Tellqvist in 1000X the goalie he is .

4. Russian Fan

Russian Fan Registered User

Home Page:
    What probably the other poster wanted to say is post some analysis behind your thought because is it necessary to start a thread with ''Auld is an ECHL starter because he sucks'' ?

Your entitle to your opinion, that's for sure but you starting post sound more like a troll without judgement than a good debate on why Auld is hype or not.

Russian Fan

5. Gwyddbwyll

Gwyddbwyll Registered User

Because there are loads of Nucks fans on here? ;)

Just kidding. I agree Auld doesnt get a lot of press like a lot of promising young goalies.. there are just too many of them I guess.

6. Vincent_TheGreat

Vincent_TheGreat Registered User

Student
    Home Page:
    Frankly your opinion has no merit, he doesn't suck, your knowledge of hockey sucks! :banana:

7. Sticky*

Sticky* Guest

i agree. Auld is a very good goalie, and he receives absolutely no hype. So I cam eto the conclusion that you are one of those idiots who knows nothing about hockey and is a leafs homer (probably). And like earlier mentioned, if a goalie gives up 2 goals every game, good luck finding a team taht won't want him.

And he just won a triple overtime playoff game with his team on the brink of elimination. Id say thats a big win.

8. Russian_fanatic

How many goals allowed ?

9. Mizral

Mizral Registered User

Tech support
    Home Page:
    Kiprusoff allowed 5. Is he worse?

3 of the 4 goals Auld let in were tipins from 5 - 10 feet out. Those are things the defensemen should have, but didn't seem to do well at all.

Auld most definetly has NHL starting potential. He'll likely be the Canucks backup next year, in fact.

10. roast

roast Registered User

I'd agree.

Auld has looked solid in the few games I have seen him play and I definetly do not see the canucks resigning the moose.

11. Russian_fanatic

No one has yet to prove me wrong :) :eek: Give me a big save that Auld made to keep his team in it !

12. McMatty

McMatty Registered User

Was that breakaway he stopped last night in double or triple overtime? Someone remind me.

13. GJB

GJB Dr. Hook Sponsor

Ummm how about the pokecheck on Gelinas in OT last night? Auld is a steady, solid goaltender with the exception of one game this year against Edmonton.

14. parisefan55

parisefan55 Registered User

No one needs to prove you wrong. You were wrong the second you opened your mouth so you did a fine job of it already.

I see no reason to even begin a debate over such a ridiculous statement, anyone who watched the game last night knows that all three overtime periods had furious end to end action, with scoring chances galore (for both teams). Auld obviously did enough in those periods to keep his team in position for the win. How bout the poke check on Gelinas' breakaway? Forget about that one?

I think you should change your name to hegbergsidioticbrother before you post again.

15. GJB

GJB Dr. Hook Sponsor

I'm thinking 2nd OT, but not sure

16. McMatty

McMatty Registered User

Indeed 2OT.

http://www.tsn.ca/audio_video/player/rightside.asp?reel=19011

Watch the highlights Russian_fanatic. I wouldn't hold Auld responsible for a single goal; maybe the 4th one, but even then, it was another tip.

He's young, he's not going to be perfect. He'll learn and probably turn out to be quite a fine NHL goalie. He's not the second coming of Brodeur, but certainly has the tools and promise to be a very fine NHL starter.

17. Freudian

Freudian Clearly deranged

Just because a puck is tipped it doesn't mean you can absolve the goalie, especially when most of the pucks came at him at a pedestrian pace. If you ask me he was leaking through the five hole all game long.

I think Canucksfans should worry quite a bit about starting him in game 7.

18. musdy

musdy Registered User

i think hes good but not as good as tellqvist

19. GJB

GJB Dr. Hook Sponsor

Well looking at the numbers I would take Auld, and given the fact Auld has some playoff experience now and has kept his composure through it all.

20. ZombieMatt

ZombieMatt Registered User

First of all, its absolutely ludicrous to say Auld is a career ECHL player when he started in the AHL this year.

I agree that Tellqvist is a better goaltending prospect, but I don't recall anyone claiming otherwise before your post.

To Freudian: There are not many goaltenders that would have stopped those tips I don't think. Auld didn't play amazing, but I don't think he can be faulted on those goals. He served his role yesterday, and did make a big save on the breakaway, though he did get beat on VIlle's slapper.

21. easton122

easton122 Registered User

Temple Student
    Home Page:
    From what i've seen Auld is better than Tellqvist plus he is bigger and will have a career similar to Sean Burke and will probably be better but this is just my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.