Rumor: (AUDIO) Pierre McGuire: Martin Brodeur to Chicago?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
If so ..... it does make some sense. Marty as a back-up with Hawks, playing sheltered minutes is something he can still do I reckon. It would also be nice to have his puck handling ability, and perhaps he could teach some of that to Crawford.

I'd be in favor of it if we didn't have Raanta, who I like. Need to develop him in the NHL. He's not that young.

feichter

Apr 2, 2006
I see value in this. Rantaa gets a pile of starts in the Rock, Corey gets an experienced vet as a backup.

Long term though, where I'd like to see it head is into Marty working his way into goalie coaching...kinda like I was hoping Turco would move. I've yet to see what Jimmy Waite can to with Crow, but I'd like to see us sign Marty with the intention of a long term assiciation. If no chance of that, then not enough value to interest me, really.

Pegi90*

Mar 3, 2014
Helsinki, Finland
If so ..... it does make some sense. Marty as a back-up with Hawks, playing sheltered minutes is something he can still do I reckon. It would also be nice to have his puck handling ability, and perhaps he could teach some of that to Crawford.

you can see the massive improvement on schneider's puckhandling even marty didn't certainly teach him.

1m for 1 year, backing up crawford and if crawford gets injuried, you should have pretty reliable goaltender for playoffs as well.

it makes alot of sense to me but will see.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
We signed a 40 year old back up goalie last season and that was a disaster. Now we should sign a 42 year old back up? No way, time to retire Brodeur.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Yeah, I don't want Brodeur here and the Hawks are set in net with Crawford, Raanta, Leighton, Simpson, Darling and Carruth.

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014
Brodeur was obviously one of the best of all time. Sadly, his better days are behind him. Saying this, he is a proven veteran with no to little gas left in the tank. A perfect reason for Q and Bowman to want him.

Pegi90*

Mar 3, 2014
Helsinki, Finland
Brodeur was obviously one of the best of all time. Sadly, his better days are behind him. Saying this, he is a proven veteran with no to little gas left in the tank. A perfect reason for Q and Bowman to want him.

you don't need to worry about him stealing the starting job for more than 1 year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad