Rumor: (AUDIO) Pierre McGuire: Martin Brodeur to Chicago?

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
He's one of my all time favorite players, but he's pretty done. No thanks.

ObeyPerry

Sep 5, 2011
Chicago, IL
I remember Lebrun at trade deadline last season also said Brodeur most likely to end up on Hawks and it never happened. I wonder where these guys are coming up with this stuff?

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I'm happy with Raanta. Plus Leighton is a solid 3rd goalie/AHL starter to have.

Lots of respect for Marty though.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
The Hawks are long past the days of hoping a "name" will come and help the team. As much as I respect Brodeur, his time has come and he needs to head into the sunset and get himself ready for the HOF. If he intends to play next year, it most certainly won't be with the Hawks. Even if the Hawks didn't have Raanta and Leighton, pass failures like Turco, second Bulin stint, Huet, etc have made me leery of a past their prime "name" like Brodeur.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
If the Hawks traded for Brodeur, karma-wise, you are asking for a Crawford injury. It's basically a guarantee.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
If the Hawks traded for Brodeur, karma-wise, you are asking for a Crawford injury. It's basically a guarantee.

Marty is a free agent. He want to play for a team that can win it all next year. What options are there? Montreal he would be a distraction given he is French and if Price faltered the fans would demand it. Boston? No cap room. Rangers? Possibly. Pittsburgh?

I think he should walk away but....

Pierre talks to Scotty Bowman all the time so you can be sure this topic has come up.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Not sure I would really see the point, especially as I somehow doubt that Brodeur would be interested in taking a dirt cheap contract with us for cap reasons, as that'd be the only way I could see him fitting in.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto

He's a UFA.

Not sure I would really see the point, especially as I somehow doubt that Brodeur would be interested in taking a dirt cheap contract with us for cap reasons, as that'd be the only way I could see him fitting in.

Even with that, I don't like the guy and don't see him fitting in here as a back up. He has a massive ego and it's not like Craword needs a mentor (not that Brodeur seems like the 'mentor' type).

He really needs to retire, and I think it's ego more than anything else that prevents him from doing that.

CoachQ

Aug 23, 2014
Tinley Park, IL.
I tend to avoid Pierre's "suggestions". I don't need the FBI looking into me.

Seriously though, I don't see Marty at this stage of his career as a better option than Raanta.

Nothingman*

I sure as hell hope not. I don't see why it would even be considered other than Q pining for another senior player.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Bowman tried to sign him before, wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he went sniffing around again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad