Auction Game - Discussion Thread

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
@Paralyzer008 takes the last spot. Pick your team when you can Para.

WE ARE NOW AT 20 TEAMS AND FULL.

I am dropping Day 1 guys to bid on early now cause I have time. There is no rush to bid though - as long as you have your bids in by 8pm EST tomorrow night you will get your guys if top bid.

PM me on here your bids. Reminder to read the rules first and check out thread from last game for an idea of how it works. Feel free to drop questions in this thread or PM me.

Best of luck everyone, let's see how this plays out.

Last edited:

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Quick reminder on one rule because I have noticed it a few times already:

Minimum bid for a player will be their 2022-23 salary

This is due to some good players only receiving one low bid in previous times this was run and then someone getting that player for dirt cheap. Not so much an issue early game but especially once rosters are more full it has been - so this rule will be in place all game.

It may mean some more expensive/good players will go undrafted but with just 20 teams that is quite alright.

If anyone has a better idea in regards to this I am open to ideas, but have discussed with other GMs and this rule is still in place with no better solution yet.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
BIDDING DAY 1 ENDS AT 8PM EST.

However, due to Oppenheimer, expect winners and Day 2 players to be posted around 10:30pm EST for today only. Deadline will still be 8pm EST moving forward and when bids will normally be posted.

Reactions: Nucker101

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
ONE FINAL RULE ADJUSTMENT

- Players with no bids will become available again in rounds 8 or 9. They will no longer need their 2022-23 cap hit as a minimum bid BUT the bid will have to be at least half of it. Example) Tavares gets no bids, minimum bid for him later is 5.5m.

I feel like this is the best middle ground between just getting complete steals late and not needing to delete good but overpaid players from the draft completely.

So if you want to risk it and save some cash for these players later, feel free to see if that strategy works out for you.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Looking at the roster thread, I'm actually really happy about what I've been able to do through one round of bidding. Seems like people are paying way too much for players.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Looking at the roster thread, I'm actually really happy about what I've been able to do through one round of bidding. Seems like people are paying way too much for players.

Agreed… I’m second guessing already what I’ve put in for today for that exact reason lol.

Ah well. First time doing this. Mistakes will be made

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
@m0pe you never clarified which Sebastian Aho this is......would be nice to know before I submit my non-retractable bid.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I lost all the bids I upped during the day except Dach

And no defenseman HAHAHA

This is fine, my team is fine. Forward depth for days

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad