Attention All GM's - 2008 HFNHL Playoff Pool

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Hey Gents,

We are going to try something new this year. We are going to hold a playoff pool for the HFNHL playoffs. All GM's are eligible to enter. I know it's slightly last minute but this was an idea that was just developed.

Here are the Rules:

1. All General Managers are to submit their bracket to me at [email protected] by Thursday, April 10 at 6 p.m EST. All submissions should contain the message title "HFNHL Playoff Pool Bracket - General Manager Name"
2. Their will be no fee to participate in order to encourage maximum participation. However there will be a prize. The prize will be $1,000,000 inserted into your team's finances.
3. Remember that when you are doing your team selections, in the next round the lowest seed will always play the highest seed
4. Scoring for Team predictions is as follows…
1 Point for first round
2 Points for second round
3 Points for third round
5 Points for Stanley Cup Winner
5. As a tie breaker please include which player you believe will lead the HFNHL playoffs in scoring.

I've attached the bracket as a JPEG and as a Word document.

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
So far guys, only FLA, STL, and TOR have sent in brackets. That's 3 playoff teams and ZERO non playoff teams.

Filling out a bracket doesn't take much time, and it's a great chance for some cash strapped teams to potentially make $1,000,000.

I'd really like to see some solid participation here, even if the posting was slightly last minute.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
Hey Brock....

If you get bored, it would be pretty cool to see how many people picked each team for the first round.

Ask, and you shall receive!

EAST

Buffalo - 14
Florida - 2

Philly - 15
Toronto - 1

Ottawa - 15
Carolina - 1

New Jersey - 16
Pittsburgh - 0

WEST

St. Louis - 16
Colorado - 0

Dallas - 8
Minnesota - 8

Vancouver - 13
Edmonton - 3

Detroit - 11
Calgary - 5

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Thanks Brock!!

Interesting....no love at all for the underdogs in the East (4 total votes). Meanwhile, two dogs in the West got more than that.

Also weird that there were only two unanimous picks....and one of those is a 4-5 series.

Toronto_AGM_Adil

Apr 9, 2006
Thanks Brock!!

Interesting....no love at all for the underdogs in the East (4 total votes). Meanwhile, two dogs in the West got more than that.

Also weird that there were only two unanimous picks....and one of those is a 4-5 series.

Wow, with those kind of splits I think we may get a tie for 1st place!

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Well, given the fantastic playoffs of the Flyers (who I had predicted to be the East finalist).. I don't think the Flames will win the playoff pool. :cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad