Atlantic Division Preseason Power Rankings

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
the Senators stayed put this offseason, something that won’t serve them well in the season to come.

So a team going forward with it's young core is going to be worse off because we didn't overpay any free agents or give up assets for aging vets? Dont get me started on Buffalo being ahead of Ottawa either :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
Quick guide to boosting your ATB power rankings: sign FAs. don't care who it is, just sign anybody. that means your team is automatically better.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I mean i do admit that i am little upset that we didn't fix our defense. This is will be third year in a row where we just go with our kids on defense.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
"About the Author: As soon as Nathan Horton blasted his overtime goal past Carey Price in Game 7 of the 2011 Quarterfinals, I was hooked."

So this season the author will be celebrating his fifth season as a hockey fan. That must be really exciting, everything is so new and fresh and there's so much to learn about the game.

DuckedUpOnQuack

Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa
Was hoping for a definition of 'power ranking' since the term is so ubiquitous. Sadly, none provided.

The writeup on Boston was especially painful to read.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I wish I had four hands so I could give this article four thumbs down.

Please take this criticism as simply such as you're probably new to being a writer but please, find an editor. This was a painful read and there were little to no attempts at actual hockey logic behind any of your rankings. I would say the same thing if you had rated Ottawa first as well. You ranked one team poorly for not making any offseason additions of note but in the same breath, ranked Detroit second, who made no offseason additions of any note.

This was poorly written in every sense of the English word.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
ranked Detroit second, who made no offseason additions of any note.
mike green and brad richards not notable?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
IMO after the top 3 the Atlantic Division is wide open & it can go almost any way depending on how a number of players on each of those teams play but specifically goaltending & injuries. If Lehner ***** the bed as he has done in the past in Ottawa, Buffalo could find themselves in the basement again with Toronto. But on the other hand if Lehner plays like the future star we thought we had they could win more games then lose & the same could apply for Toronto, Boston, Ottawa & Florida if they all get outstanding goaltending all yr long

I think Ottawa has more fire power than Toronto, Boston & Florida & it remains to be seen whether Buffalo will have enough fire power after ROR & Kane although Moulson, Ennis & Girgenson are pretty good too. I think they could still be too young to have a better season than Ottawa next yr but could be a team to watch in future. I also think Detroit is getting long in the tooth but they have a tendency of finding a gem every yr that helps to keep them relevant. Montreal will do well again based mostly on Price & Subban & Tampa clearly is the class of the division. I think Ottawa will find itself in a dog fight for 4th place in the division but could be as good as 3rd, we'll see.

Last edited:

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
stating that it's a question whether hammond or anderson will be the #1 goaltender on the team is just revealing one doesn't know much about the Sens

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Be the hottest team in the NHL for the last few months, do the impossible and make the playoffs. Lose to Montreal in a series that really could of went the other way, however sign no free agents in arguably the worst Ufa pool and that makes you the 3rd last ranked team in the division.

I would like to go on record by saying please put more thought in to your articles and speak with people gain more knowledge and do a lot more research, I give you credit for the attempt but a power rankings needs to have a little more substance not just your personal opinion. Anyways its all good I'm sure your next one will be better, don't take the criticisms to heart and let them stop you from trying, practice makes perfect my friend best of luck.

2CHHHAAAIIIINNNZZZ

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I see us surpassing Boston again this year. Their defense is rather sub-par, and I feel we have the better top 6 forward group as well.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Oh man, all the vitriol over this article DEFINITELY makes me want to read it.

BRB, I'm about to jump into this literary trainwreck. Wish me luck!

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
"About the Author: As soon as Nathan Horton blasted his overtime goal past Carey Price in Game 7 of the 2011 Quarterfinals, I was hooked."

So this season the author will be celebrating his fifth season as a hockey fan. That must be really exciting, everything is so new and fresh and there's so much to learn about the game.

Doubt he will make it till playoffs, after Boston finishes 6-7th in the division this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad