Votes: 16 13.6%
  • Panthers in 6

Votes: 29 24.6%
  • Panthers in 7

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
I have no stress for this series. Let's just see what happens. All I ask is that they push back. You cannot allow a Tkachuk/Bennet/Cousins in game 1 to come out and intentionally injure Pasta/Marchand because that will be part of their game plan.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I have no stress for this series. Let's just see what happens. All I ask is that they push back. You cannot allow a Tkachuk/Bennet/Cousins in game 1 to come out and intentionally injure Pasta/Marchand because that will be part of their game plan.
Same. Give it back to Florida hard, they want to bully you, don’t let them. They are the favorites, they should win the series, but that’s the same way it was for us last year.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Voted B’s in 7 but I won’t be disappointed in any outcome this series, extremely outmatched down the middle and its going to be super visible once Bennett is back. The panthers are DEEP and play at full speed 100% of the time. They overcame their demon and took a step as a team im happy with that considering early season expectations and the cap constraints. Go B’s!

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Who were the Bruins' top performers this season vs the Panthers?

• Pavel Zacha = 2g-3a-5p ; +5 ; 2 GWG ; 59.1 Faceoff Win%
  • David Pastrnak = 1-3-4 ; +4
  • Charlie McAvoy = 3-1-4 ; 4 Drawn Penalties
  • Charlie Coyle = 2-1-3 ; 52.4 Faceoff Win% ; 2:42 Avg.SH.TOI
  • Brad Marchand = 1-2-3 ; 2:24 A.SH.TOI
  • Danton Heinen = 0-2-2 ; +5
  • John Beecher = 1-0-1 ; +1 ; 67.7 Faceoff Win%
  • Hampus Lindholm = 1PPG ; 2:11 A.SH.TOI
  • Brandon Carlo = 3:52 A.SH.TOI
  • Trent Frederic = 3 Drawn Penalties
  • Linus Ullmark = 3-0-0 ; 1.62 GAA ; .947 Sv%

I listed the top PK guys' times because the Panthers PP went 0 for 11 in the season series. Overall, in the Panthers most recent sixteen games, they've gone just 5 for 48 (10.4%) on their PP.

Bruins really need Zacha and Coyle to step up their games from Round 1 to Round 2.

Fair Warning

Nov 15, 2006
Grafton, MA
Can’t believe the posts I’m seeing suggesting starting Ullmark in Game 1 over Swayman.

Swayman was the best Bruins on the ice last series, and it wasn’t even close. You don’t sit him and risk him cooling off.

Messing with that is the kind of Monty-level mental gymnastics that cost them last year and almost cost them this year.

Tommy Tubs

Mar 2, 2024
I would start Ullmark and go from there.

Swayman has played great but he's use to being in a rotation for 3 seasons now. Considering that it's only Game 1 and Ullmark's career record vs the Panthers, this is the perfect time for him to get a start in and let Swayman rest up. It's a rotation... so rotate.
Agree. For a guy who's not used to playing much more than every other game, to come off the physically, mentally and emotionally draining 6 games he just played and then play him with only one day off before each of the next 4 seems silly, given the easy opportunity to give him a game off.

And Ullmark's numbers agains Florida are great this year. Swayman got game 1 because he had been so good against Toronto this year. Go Ullmark-Swayman and make a decision from there.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Can’t believe the posts I’m seeing suggesting starting Ullmark in Game 1 over Swayman.

Swayman was the best Bruins on the ice last series, and it wasn’t even close. You don’t sit him and risk him cooling off.

Messing with that is the kind of Monty-level mental gymnastics that cost them last year and almost cost them this year.
You're right. Putting Ullmark in at this point is a total Monty move. Never go Full Monty.

Reactions: JOKER 192

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I’m keeping a legal pad in the living room and tracking the penalties that Tkachuk gets away with in this series.

Over under is currently:

6 if the series wraps up in 4.

7 if it goes 5.

9 if it goes 6

10.5 if it goes 7

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

I get the impulse to give him some rest when you have a 1B who is better than most other teams' 1As, but Swayman just had a Hasek-level first round series. You don't sit him down after that. No way.

If you lose game one or he gives up like 3 or 4 in a win and looks like he's tiring out, yeah, I'd be alright going to Linus for game 2. But in general I ride the hot hand, especially when it's molten hot.

Reactions: BBruins

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
Picked Cats in 6. Not saying the Bs can't pull it out of their ass but Florida is a couple tiers above the Leafs and is a team built by the book for the playoffs that plays a style of hockey that tends to give the Bs backend fits. Regardless just come out and give them hell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad