Atlanta to the AHL?

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
it's actually not...... based off the history which includes the current Gladiators add in the historical fact that Gwinnett County became the destination.... Atlanta metro is so spread out that the same has happened to other regional branding.... in fact, Atlanta Motor Speedway is not even in the Metro, it's in Hampton, that's how wide the regionalization extends, since the Gladiators rebranded..... never mind the affiliation aspects, since Carolina couldn't make it stick long term w/ Charlotte even after helping facilitate the buying and promoting the Checkers up, even the Braves did that with the G-Braves, now the Gwinnett Stripers once the Diamond started to become obsolete in Henrico County, VA.... Something the Flying Squirrels have dealt with ever since coming there from Norwich
the gladiators already have better attendance than most AHL team… in fact the Gladiators have the highest attendance of any team in the Coyotes Organization.

Hopefully an Atlanta AHL team relocated to State Farm Arena in Downtown where it will undoubtedly average between 6-9k a night and lead the AHL in attendance

Reactions: mattihp

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
the gladiators already have better attendance than most AHL team… in fact the Gladiators have the highest attendance of any team in the Coyotes Organization. ...
As part of my New Year's resolution to be less skeptical - and after looking at the hockeyDB attendance numbers for the Glads - what are the key factors that have contributed to the nearly 900 butts per game increase reported for 2022-23 so far over the 2021-22 full season? This is an open question to the regulars (and the occasionals) in this forum. :dunno:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
As part of my New Year's resolution to be less skeptical - and after looking at the hockeyDB attendance numbers for the Glads - what are the key factors that have contributed to the nearly 900 butts per game increase reported for 2022-23 so far over the 2021-22 full season? This is an open question to the regulars (and the occasionals) in this forum. :dunno:
WHAT does the above post have to do with the AHL, SINCE THE Gladiators never were an AHL Franchise?

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
that an Atlanta AHL team would be elite in terms of fan support and attendance

Elite? Not even close. You are either clueless, full of💩, or purposely exaggerating for dramatic effect.

The Gladiators current attendance of 4500 would barely get them out of the bottom 1/3 in the AHL attendance chart. And there is absolutely no correlation between teams making the jump from the ECHL to the AHL and seeing an increase in attendance. The vast majority of it is actually the opposite.

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
As a 20 year fan of the team, the attendance for this season is definitely up on a per game basis. New promotions and an increase in targeted advertising I believe are the big factors in that increase. I have seen more advertisements and national media coverage this season than any other year. I also had an hour long discussion with one of the new owners discussing promotions and general fan consensus on things, and they are very open to new ideas. This is something that has not been there in the past. Attendance will increase next season as well. While he did not directly say it, I’ve been told from other sources that AHL is the next goal for the group, but the team would play at Gas South and would not be until 2024 at the EARLIEST.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad