Atlanta Sports: Falcons | Braves | Hawks | Atlanta United FC | GT & UGA

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Since we don't have a thread specific to Atlanta/Georgia sports, I figured I'd go ahead and make one since I know their are a few of us here.

1_3238546.png

Last Night it was announced:

FALCONS HIRE EMERY, WEBSTER AS NATIONAL SCOUTS

The Atlanta Falcons today announced that they have hired Phil Emery and Ruston Webster as national scouts.
“Phil and Ruston bring over 40 years of combined NFL scouting expertise to our organization and I am pleased to have them join our staff,” said General Manager Thomas Dimitroff. “They will both be focused predominantly on college scouting, an area that both men have excelled in during their careers. I am confident that they will bring an added leadership presence to our scouting department.”

Emery brings 17 years of NFL experience as a scout and general manager to the Falcons. This will be his second stint with in Atlanta, as he served as the director of scouting for the team from 2004-2008. During that time, two of the Falcons three first-round draft picks developed into Pro Bowlers: WR Roddy White (2005) and QB Matt Ryan (2008). He also worked as an Eastern regional scout for the Falcons leading up to the 2009 draft. The Falcons made two trips to the playoffs during that time including an appearance in the 2004 NFC Championship game.

Webster spent the last four seasons as the general manager of the Tennessee Titans and brings 28 years of NFL experience to the Falcons. As the general manager for the Titans, Webster had the opportunity to add a franchise quarterback in Marcus Mariota with the second overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft. He also signed three-time Pro Bowl outside linebacker Brian Orakpo in the 2015 offseason, who went on to record 51 total tackles and seven sacks in his first season in Tennessee.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/...l-Scouts/de434e2c-25ac-4efb-bdac-673f098ff1fa

Definitely seem like Quinn is making all the calls in terms of personnel, hope it works...

Last edited:

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
logo.png

Tonight the Hawks play the Clippers in Philips. Griffin is out after injuring his hand from punching someone.

Personally, I've been looking for a game to go to recently, not sure if anyone on here ever catches a game.

Last edited:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
As a measure of maximizing and activating the thread, though college, here is the Georgia Tech schedule which may be of interest to some:

Sept. 3 vs. Boston College (Dublin, Ireland)

Sept. 10 vs. Mercer (Atlanta)

Sept. 17 vs. Vanderbilt (Atlanta)

Sept. 22 vs. Clemson (Atlanta)

Oct. 1 vs. Miami (Atlanta)

Oct. 8 at Pitt (Pittsburgh)

Oct. 15 vs. Georgia Southern (Atlanta)

Oct. 22 Open Week

Oct. 29 Duke (Atlanta)

Nov. 5 at North Carolina (Chapel Hill)

Nov. 12 at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg)

Nov. 19 vs. Virginia (Atlanta)

Nov. 26 at Georgia (Athens)

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/sp...cle_cd409f86-9129-5c99-a326-49e47f2ea235.html

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
And here is UGA's upcoming schedule. I went to Bama so I don't care for the Dawgs at all, and occasionally attend the odd GT game.

Apr. 16 Bulldogs G-Day Spring Game

Sep. 3 Tar Heels North Carolina Tar Heels
Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GA

Sep. 10 Colonels Nicholls State Colonels
Sanford Stadium, Athens, GA

Sep. 17 Tigers at Missouri Tigers
Faurot Field, Columbia, MO

Sep. 24 Rebels at Ole Miss Rebels
Vaught-Hemingway Stadium, Oxford, MS

Oct. 1 Volunteers Tennessee Volunteers

Oct. 8 Gamecocks at South Carolina Gamecocks
Williams-Brice Stadium, Columbia, SC

Oct. 15 Commodores Vanderbilt Commodores

Oct. 22 --- Open Date --- ---

Oct. 29 Gators Florida Gators
EverBank Field, Jacksonville, FL 3:30 p.m. ET
CBS

Nov. 5 Wildcats at Kentucky Wildcats
Commonwealth Stadium, Lexington, KY

Nov. 12 Tigers Auburn Tigers

Nov. 19 Ragin' Cajuns Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns

Nov. 26 Yellow Jackets Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

Dec. 3 SEC SEC Championship Game
Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GA TBA ---

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-16/2016-georgia-bulldogs-football-schedule.php

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
crest.png

Atlanta United FC sign goalkeeper Alexander Tambakis as first player in club history

Atlanta United FC made Alexander Tambakis the first player in club history on Monday, when the club announced that they’ve signed the 23-year-old Greek-American goalkeeper to an MLS contract.

The 6-foot-2 ‘keeper joins Atlanta from Panathinaikos, one of the biggest clubs in Greece. He’ll spend the 2016 season on loan to Atlanta’s USL affiliate, the Charleston Battery, before joining United for their inaugural MLS campaign in 2017.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/...-alexander-tambakis-first-player-club-history

Pretty exciting stuff! Nice to see us sign our first player :clap:

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
logo.png

Hawks lose last night in Philips to the Blake-less Clippers. Millsap missed a tying layup as time expired.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Not sure how this got moved to the Summer Olympics thread, needs to be in General Sports, and hopefully pinned.

However,

This Thursday is the start of Preseason for the Falcons as they take on the Redskins.

#RiseUp

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad